Business & Responsive Agency Volunteers
BOARD ADVISORY COUNCILS:
Citizen advisory council members provide valuable input on Metro Parks Tacoma programs and facilities. They assess community needs and desires on such topics as policies, budgets, programming, operations and future needs, and then make recommendations to staff members and the Board of Park Commissioners.
- Appointed by the Board of Park Commissioners
- May serve up to two consecutive three-year terms
- Board Resolution & Charter (09/14/09)
- Advisory Council Notebook
HOW TO APPLY
- Return completed application to:
Metro Parks Tacoma
Attn: Office of Community Development
4702 S. 19th St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
|ACTIVE LIFESTYLES & COMMUNITY WELLNESS|
Group addresses adult sports and fitness, swimming and aquatic programs, youth programming, specialized recreation and other programs, facilities and services.
|BUSINESS & RESPONSIVE AGENCY|
Group addresses business planning, financial sustainability, revenue development and quality assurance activities.
|CULTURE & HERITAGE|
Group addresses historic preservation, special events and arts programming.
|NATURE & ENVIRONMENT|
Group addresses environmental education, marine and shoreline issues, open space, garden management and our neighborhood, community and regional parks.
|MEADOW PARK GOLF ADVISORY COMMITTEE|
Group addresses community orientated golf, 100th Anniversary Celebration in 2015, community programs and events, environmental programs and projects, business planning and financial sustainability issues.
Networks are groups of representatives who are able to bring forth key interests and perspectives so all segments of the community are included in planning efforts. Network members are not appointed to any committee; they are informed when public input opportunities exist that would benefit from involvement of our diverse citizenship.
- Established Networks:
- African American Interests
- Disability & Accessibility Interests
- Faith-Based Organization Interests
- Latino Advocacy Interests
- Military Advocacy Interests (Heroes to Hometown Coalition)
- Older Adult & Senior Interests
- Southeast Asian Interests
- Youth & Family Advocacy Interests
- Contact the Community Development Office
Roxanne Miles: (253) 305-1068