Pier Peer in Tacoma
Saturday, February 23 (7:30pm - 9:00pm)
Sponsored jointly by Foss Waterway Seaport and Metro Parks Tacoma, these popular programs are a great way to see the sea life in your area.
Bring your family and join us for an aquatic night-time adventure as you explore hundreds of mysterious life forms below the docks with experienced naturalists!
See and touch creatures brought up from the deep by local divers. Participate in a plankton tow.
After this exciting outdoor adventure, we'll go inside to warm up, drink hot cocoa and talk about what we saw. Dress for the weather - the docks can be wet - and bring your own flashlights. We provide life jackets as well as scoops to catch sea creatures. Pre-Register to reserve your spot!
- Ages 8 and up ONLY!
- Each child requires one adult companion.
- Pre-registration required.
- Bring a flashlight or headlamp.
- Personal flotation devices (life-jackets) will be provided and required, but feel free to bring your own.
- Wear good shoes and warm clothes. Docks may be wet and slippery!
|January 12||7:30-9:00pm||Foss Waterway Seaport|
|January 19||7:30-9:00pm||Pt Defiance Marina|
|February 2||7:30-9:00pm||Pt Defiance Marina|
|February 23||7:30-9:00pm||Foss Waterway Seaport|
|March 2||7:30-9:00pm||Pt Defiance Marina|