- FREE ADMISSION / Suggested donation $3
- Foundation Membership
VICTORIAN HOLIDAY FESTIVAL
10 am-3 pm/ $3 suggested donation
Take part in some Victorian Holiday cheer at the Conservatory. Listen to children's stories and create a holiday themed craft. Staff and volunteers will be dressed in beautiful Victorian costumes to answer your questions and serve refreshments. The Pacific Northwest Chamber Ensemble will be performing from 11 am-1 pm.
1-3 pm Stadium District Dickens Fest carriage rides from Rankos to the Conservatory. View map and learn more about Stadium District's Dickens Fest.
COCOA & CAROLING
6-8 pm/ $3 suggested donation
Bring the family and enjoy a hot cocoa bar and caroling. Classical singer, Teresa Lin, will lead a holiday sing along in the magic of the Conservatory.
|SECOND SUNDAY MUSIC 2016
1-2:30 pm / $3 suggested donation
Local musicians add harmonious ambiance to the Conservatory during this concert series. The soaring glass architecture provides resonant acoustics for instruments and vocals of all kinds. Musical performances range from classical to folk. $3 suggested donation.
• Dec. 11 - Eugennie Jones and accompanist - Jazz Vocalist
(Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in performing on a future date.)
• Jan. 8 - TBD
• Feb. 12 - Cara Francis - Romantic Ballads
• Mar. 12 - Kristi & Steve Nebel
• Apr. 9 - Mary Farr - Folk
• May 14 - Pacific Northwest Chamber Ensemble
|CHILDREN'S STORY HOUR 2016
11 am-noon / $3 suggested donation
Join Bonnie Beaudoin among the beautiful flowers for monthly storytelling along with a short hands-on science and art project.
• Dec. 14 - Patterns in Nature: Some Snow Said Hello by Russell and Lilian Hoban / Science: Weather / Art: Pattern Picture
• Feb. 8 - Textures in Nature: Stranger in the Woods by Carl R. Sams / Science: Animal Adaptations / Art: Animal Footprint Design
• Mar. 8 - Native Art: Frog Girl by Paul Owen / Science: Food Chains / Art: Frog Print Design
• Apr. 12 - Garden Inspired Art: The Girl with the Watering Can / Science: Food Chains / Art: Frog Print Design
• May 10 - Nature's Colors: The Butterfly Book by Gail Gibbons / Science: Life Cycle of the Butterfly / Art: Flower Petal Butterflies
|RELAX & RENEW 2017
9-10 am / $10 suggested donation
Let go of your work week and kick start your weekend with a loving community based practice of meditation, sound, light movement and sacred breath. This gathering invites all levels of experience to join together in a supportive community. Surrounded by the healing nature of the Conservatory, this is the time for you and your body to relax from the external world and soften the mind.
• Jan. 7
• Jan. 21
• Feb. 4
• Feb. 18
• Mar. 4
• Mar. 18
|RELAXING INTO WHOLENESS SERIES 2017
5:45-7 pm / $60 for the series (6 sessions) / Registration required
During this dynamic Wednesday night series held in the beauty of the Conservatory, we will learn breathing techniques for aligning, yoga poses, essential movement for health and supportive sound tools that will help to sustain us as we carry our practice into the world.
• Jan. 4
• Jan. 11
• Jan. 18
• Jan. 25
• Feb. 1
• Feb. 8
|Feb. 10, 2017
WINE & CHOCOLATE
5:30-7 pm / Tickets $40 (members $30)
Stroll through a romantically lit Conservatory with your valentine. Enjoy wine, champagne, savory treats, and decadent truffles. This is the Conservatory Foundation's annual fundraiser.
|Apr. 22, 2017
EARTH DAY CELEBRATION
11 am-3 pm / $3 suggested donation
We'll spend the day communing with nature by planting veggie and flower seeds to take home, presentations by guest speakers, family yoga and much more!
|Oct. 18-Nov. 1, 2016
HALLOWEEN PUMPKIN PATCH
10 am-4:30 pm / $3 suggested donation
Use our fun props and snap your own photos.
Oct. 31, 2016
|MASTER GARDENER CLINICS|
|Saturdays through May 28, 2016
Stop by to ask a Master Gardener about your perplexing plant problems.
Washington State University Extension
GARDEN SALES DISCONTINUED IN 2014
Conservatory and greenhouse staff and resources will be focusing on Metro Parks' core mission, enhanced interpretive programs and botanical displays at the Conservatory and floral displays in Point Defiance, Wapato and Titlow Parks. Specialty plants will continue to be available in the Conservatory gift shop, where members enjoy a 10% discount on every purchase.
DON'T SEE WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?
- View interactive event calendar for more details on each event.
- Find us on and let us know.
- For more information about Events and Classes contact Mary Anderson.