- FREE ADMISSION / Suggested donation $3
- Foundation Membership
April 22 • 11 am-3 pm
Celebrate Earth Day Weekend at the Conservatory!
Stop by any time from 11 am-3 pm to plant veggie and flower seeds, learn about pollinators and low water landscapes, and learn how to make your own homemade cleaners.
We also have two workshop options:
SECOND SUNDAY MUSIC 2017
|CHILDREN'S STORY HOUR 2017
11 am-noon / $3 suggested donation
Join Bonnie Beaudoin among the beautiful flowers for monthly storytelling along with a short hands-on science and art project.
• Mar. 8 - Theme: Native Art / Book: Frog Girl by Paul Owen / Science: Food Chains / Art: Frog Print Design
• Apr. 12 - Theme: Garden Inspired Art / Book: The Girl with the Watering Can by Ewa Zadrzynska / Science: What Plants Need to Grow / Art: Watering Can Design
• May 10 - Theme: Nature's Colors / Book: Monarch Butterfly by Gail Gibbons / Science: Life Cycle of the Butterfly / Art: Flower Petal Butterflies
• Jun. 28 - Theme: Public Parks and Gardens / Book: The Man Who Made Parks: The Story of Parkbuilder Frederick Law Olmsted by Frieda Wishinsky / Art: Cardboard Tube "Binoculars"
• Jul. 5 - Theme: Vegetable Gardens / Book: Garbage Helps Our Garden Grow: A Compost Story by Linda Glaser / Art: Garden Markers
• Jul. 12 - Theme: Country Gardens / Book: The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter / Art: Bunny Puppets
• Jul. 19 - Theme: City Gardens and Farmer's Markets / Book: To Market, To Market by Anne Miranda / Art: Market List
• Jul. 26 - Theme: School Gardens / Book: It's Our Garden: From Seeds to Harvest in a School Garden by George Ancona / Art: Garden Tools Design
• Aug. 2 - Theme: Farms and Gardens / Book: The Little Red Hen by Diane Muldrow / Art: Rainbow Rice Design
• Oct. 11 - Theme: Tree Gardens, Forests and Orchards / Book: The Tree Lady: The True Story of How One Tree-Loving Woman Changed a City Forever by Joseph Hopkins / Art: Abstract Art Tree Picture
• Nov. 8 - Theme: Secret Gardens - Special Gardens in Stories, Art, and Your Nieghborhood / Book: The Curious Garden by Peter Brown / Art: Garden Design
• Dec. 13 - Theme: Winter Gardens / Book: Fox's Garden by Princesse Camcam / Art: Sowflake Design
• Feb. 14 - Theme: Herb Gardens / Book: First Garden: The White House Garden and How It Grew by Robbin Gourley / Art: Herb Bouquet
• Mar. 14 - Theme: Monet's Garden / Book: Katie and the Impressionists by James Mayhew / Art: Paper Plate Pond
• Apr. 11 - Theme: Flower Gardens / Book: Miss Lady Bird's Wildflowers: How a First Lady Changed America by Kathi Appelt / Art: Flower Bookmark
• May 9 - Theme: Tiny Gardens / Book: Flower Garden by Eve Bunting / Art: Egg Carton Plant Starter
RELAX & RENEW 2017
|MASTER GARDENER CLINICS|
|Saturdays Feb. 4 through May 27, 2017
Stop by to ask a Master Gardener about your perplexing plant problems. We can assist with plant identification and also diagnoses of pests and common diseases. Please bring very detailed photos of your plant concerns.
Washington State University Extension
GARDEN SALES DISCONTINUED IN 2014
Conservatory and greenhouse staff and resources will be focusing on Metro Parks' core mission, enhanced interpretive programs and botanical displays at the Conservatory and floral displays in Point Defiance, Wapato and Titlow Parks. Specialty plants will continue to be available in the Conservatory gift shop, where members enjoy a 10% discount on every purchase.
DON'T SEE WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?
- View interactive event calendar for more details on each event.
- Find us on and let us know.
- For more information about Events and Classes contact Mary Anderson.