Features You'll Find:Hover over an icon for more details
- Playground (5-12 yrs)
- Trail / Hard
- Trail / Soft
Open ½ hour before sunrise
Close ½ hour after sunset
1400 S. Sheridan Ave.
Tacoma, WA 98405
Tacoma's first park, just a little over one-half acre, was donated by C.P. and Evelyn Ferry on May 14, 1883.
2007-2009 Chain link fence was replaced with ornamental steel fence, damaged portions of sidewalk around park were replaced with new walks, gravel paths replaced existing walks to be less disruptive to tree roots, new play equipment and two new picnic tables and eight park benches were installed. In addition, small seating wall/benches constructed from concrete rubble salvaged from the sidewalk demolition were installed at locations near the children's play area and the kiosk. The existing park sign was relocated and an additional message board labeled "Tacoma's first Park" was installed.Work was funded by the Parks Improvement Bond Measure, approved by the citizens of Tacoma in November of 2005.
Colonel Ferry platted the C.P. Ferry Addition to the city and set aside this piece of land for a park. He wanted to show the new and growing City of Tacoma how the European custom of small parks scattered throughout the residence districts could add its charm and beauty. Read more about the history of Ferry Park.