Five Mile Drive & Trails
Features You'll Find:Hover over an icon for more details
- Bike Trail / Biking / Bicycling
- Trail / Hard
Open ½ hour before sunrise
Close ½ hour after sunset
5400 N. Pearl St.
Tacoma, WA 98407
OUTER LOOP CLOSED TO VEHICLES
Five Mile Drive is closed to vehicle traffic every Saturday and Sunday until 1 pm and Monday thru Friday until 10 am to provide the opportunity for pedestrians, runners and cyclists to enjoy this forest experience free from conflict with motorized vehicles.
The Five Mile Drive inner loop and all the Park’s attractions including the Pagoda, Zoo, Owen Beach, Point Defiance Marina, Fort Nisqually, Off Leash Dog area and the Botanical Gardens are all accessible to vehicles during the times the outer loop is closed, providing all visitors an opportunity to enjoy attractions, the natural forest and beach experience.
PRIMARY HIKING TRAILS
All trails are foot traffic only. There are not any trails in Point Defiance Park labeled for biking.
- Spine Trail - 1.3 miles one way / 2.6 miles round trip
Rhododendron Garden to Gig Harbor Viewpoint
- Square Trail - 4.6 miles Outer Loop
- Triangle Trail - 3.3 miles Inner Loop
- Rhododendron Garden Loop - .52 miles
Shelter is 215 ft. from the road
- Owen Beach to Marina - .79 miles one way
- Bath House to west access to Beach - .25 miles one way
There are approximately 4 miles of secondary trails that don't have the same level of signage or maintenance as the primary trails at this time.