Five Mile Drive & Trails
Features You'll Find:Hover over an icon for more details
- Bike Trail / Biking / Bicycling
- Trail / Hard
Open ½ hour before sunrise
Close ½ hour after sunset
5400 N. Pearl St.
Tacoma, WA 98407
Five Mile Drive is closed to vehicle traffic every Saturday and Sunday until 1 pm so visitors may run, walk or bicycle along the scenic route. View map below.
During a pilot program, which is scheduled to last through October 31, 2014, the outer loop of Five Mile Drive will be closed to vehicle traffic Monday thru Friday until 10 am in addition to the usual weekend closure. Please share your input with us through our online survey CLICK HERE .
PRIMARY HIKING TRAILS
All trails are foot traffic only. There are not any trails in Point Defiance Park labeled for biking.
- Spine Trail - 1.3 miles one way / 2.6 miles round trip
Rhododendron Garden to Gig Harbor Viewpoint
- Square Trail - 4.6 miles Outer Loop
- Triangle Trail - 3.3 miles Inner Loop
- Rhododendron Garden Loop - .52 miles
Shelter is 215 ft. from the road
- Owen Beach to Marina - .79 miles one way
- Bath House to west access to Beach - .25 miles one way
There are approximately 4 miles of secondary trails that don't have the same level of signage or maintenance as the primary trails at this time.
Where is the outer loop of Five Mile Drive?
Click to View Larger (pdf)