Five Mile Drive & Trails
Features You'll Find:Hover over an icon for more details
- Bike Trail / Biking / Bicycling
- Trail / Hard
Open ½ hour before sunrise
Close ½ hour after sunset
5400 N. Pearl St.
Tacoma, WA 98407
PRIMARY HIKING TRAILS
All trails are foot traffic only. There are no trails in Point Defiance Park designated for bicycles.
- Spine Trail - 1.3 miles one way / 2.6 miles round trip
Rhododendron Garden to Gig Harbor Viewpoint
- Square Trail - 4.6 miles Outer Loop
- Triangle Trail - 3.3 miles Inner Loop
- Rhododendron Garden Loop - .52 miles
Shelter is 215 ft. from the road
- Owen Beach to Marina - .79 miles one way
- Bath House to west access to Beach - .25 miles one way
There are approximately 4 miles of secondary trails that don't have the same level of signage or maintenance as the primary trails at this time.
DO NOT FEED WILDLIFE
OUTER LOOP CLOSED TO VEHICLES
Five Mile Drive's outer loop is closed to vehicle traffic so that pedestrians, runners and cyclists are able to enjoy this forest experience free from conflict with motorized vehicles.
- Saturday and Sunday until 1 pm and
- Monday thru Friday until 10 am
The Five Mile Drive inner loop and all of the Park’s attractions are all accessible to vehicles when the outer loop is closed.