Weddings & Special Events
Surrounded by the lovely grounds of Wright Park in Tacoma's historic Stadium district, the W.W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory is one of only three Victorian-style conservatories on the West Coast. The building was dedicated in 1908 and is listed on the city, state and national historic registers. Featuring a twelve-sided central dome and more than 3,500 panes of glass, the Conservatory will offer you and your guests the beauty of more than 200 species of exotic tropical plants as well as a beautiful, changing display of blooming plants. The inside of the W.W. Seymour Conservatory is perfect for an intimate ceremony with up to 50 guests.
|In addition, the Gazebo is also available for rentals, and it is ideal for an outdoor wedding. The Gazebo area is surrounded by beautiful landscaping and with room to set up at least 100 chairs. (Chairs not provided.)|
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES AND FACILITY
- Conservatory up to 50 people (standing) with limited seating, please call for info
- Gazebo up to 100 people (seated - chairs not provided)
- free, street parking available
- no decorations allowed in Conservatory
- renter to clean
- fully disabled-accessible
- In addition, a MPT staff person will be on site during your event.
AVAILABILITY AND TERMS
- W.W. Seymour Conservatory
- Available Tuesday through Sunday from 4:30 to 9 pm (depending on staff availability).
- One-hour minimum rental required
- Full payment due at time of reservation
- Rental fee is $250 per hour
- Conservatory Gazebo
- Available from 10 am to dusk.
- Rental fee is $175 per hour
- Photo Rental Fees
- Available from 10 am to 4 pm Tuesday through Sunday
- Available from 4:30 to 8 pm (depending on staff availability)
- Rental fee is $125 per half hour.
- Conservatory Wedding Rental Permit
- Rental Cancellation Information
- Call for rates and availability: (253) 591-5330
GUIDED STAFF TOURS
Learn about the plant collection, the history of the Conservatory and the trees in Wright Park.