STAR Center Fitness
JOURNEY HALL FLOOR REFINISHING
MARCH 30 - APRIL 9 / Click HERE for schedule
Tuesdays & Wednesdays
Our brand new, state-of-the-art Kinesis studio is an innovative system designed to provide our guests with an alternate form of strength training that focuses on movement through balance, flexibility and strength through the use of cables, grips and weight stacks.
- easy unrestricted movement
- gentle on joints
- easy to use
- features multimedia touch screen with easy-to-follow instructions - search instructions by muscle group or exercise for a more complete workout
- Use our Kinesis equipment with your Wellness Key for best results
Come see our state of the art fitness facility!
- Unlimited access with your STAR Pass
- State of the art, brand new Technogym® equipment
- Cardio machines equipped with multimedia touch-screens
- Cable TV and internet access
- Access to our new Kinesis Studio
- Fitness assistants available to answer your questions
- Workouts personalized according to your goals and abilities
- Keeps track of calories burned, distance traveled and more!
- Tracks progress
Personal TrainingLearn more about our personal training by contacting Ming Alexander
Or for information regarding personal training, contact Michelle O'Brien - STAR Fitness Coordinator - MichelleO@tacomaparks.com or call (253) 404-3943
Children and Teens Using the Fitness Room
Teens 13 -17 years of age may use the fitness room and participate in fitness classes under these conditions:
- Teens 13 -15 years of age must have a parent present at all times when using the fitness room or taking a class, and must complete a youth/teen fitness room orientation before exercising in the facility.
- Teens 16 -17 years of age must compete a youth/teen fitness room orientation before using the fitness room or participating in fitness classes, but do not need a parent present to exercise in the facility.
- Under no circumstances are children under 13 years of age allowed in the fitness room or in a fitness class.