Community members, veterans, and wounded warriors comprise the local wheelchair basketball club known as the Tacoma Titans.
With both competitive and developmental teams an athlete can find great success in this popular team sport. Athletes will learn about teamwork, sportsmanship, and communication among many other life skills. The Tacoma Titans practice and play year round. During the season teams travel locally participating in games and tournaments within the National Wheelchair Basketball Association and the Canadian Wheelchair Basketball League. Then during the off season players have the opportunity to cross train and participate in outdoor 3 on 3 style tournaments like Hoopfest in Spokane.
The program is also a Paralympic Sport Club and offers unique competitive and recreational athletics for people seeking individual sports like track & field and archery along with team sports like wheelchair basketball and goalball. All geared and designed to put the athletes in a successful situation to help achieve their goals.
Titans 2013-2014 Schedule:
- *Offseason* Saturdays 10-1pm at the South Tacoma Boys and Girls Club
- Bridge City Classic: Portland Oregon, Nov 8th and 9th
- Nets for Vets: Tacoma WA Nov 15th
- Division 2- Langly BC with BC Wheelchair Basketball, Nov 23rd and 24th
- Seattle Washington, Dec 6th and 7th
- Capital City Classic, Salem OR, 17th and 18th
- Division 2 - Langley BC with BC Wheelchair Basketball, January 25th and 26th
- Presidents Cup, Tacoma WA 14th and 15th
- Division 2 - Canadian Finals, Langley - BC-CWBL Finals March 8th and 9th
Off Season Events 2014
- Kelowna Jamboree - May 11th and 12th, Kelowna BC:link_3026
- Ranier to Ruston - (Cross training opportunity) June 1st, Tacoma WA
- Hoopfest - June 27th-29th, Spokane WA
- ShoWare Center 3 on 3 - July 19th and 20th, Kent WA
- Wheelchair Basketball Camp - August 2nd-3rd, Tacoma WA
- Season Opener Scrimmage and Chillax Session- Sept 7th, Tacoma WA
(253) 404-3955 email@example.com