Community members, veterans, and wounded warriors comprise the two local wheelchair basketball teams known as the Tacoma Titans.
With both competitive and developmental teams an athlete can find great success in this popular team sport. Athletes will learn about teamwork, sportsmanship, and communication among many other life skills. Both Tacoma Titans teams practice and play year round. During the season teams travel locally participating in games and tournaments. Then during the off season players have the opportunity to cross train and participate in outdoor 3 on 3 style tournaments such as Hoopfest in Spokane.
The program, also a Paralympic Sport Club, offers unique competitive and recreational athletics for people seeking individual sports like track & field and archery along with team sports like wheelchair basketball and goalball. All geared and designed to put the athletes in a successful situation to help achieve their goals.
Titans 2013-2014 Schedule:
- *Offseason* Drop in at the Lakewood Y Sundays 1-4pm
- Bridge City Classic: Portland Oregon, Oct 26th and 27th
- Nets for Vets: Tacoma WA Nov 16th
- Division 2- Langly BC with BC Wheelchair Basketball, Nov 23rd and 24th
- Seattle Washington, Dec 7th and 8th
- Division 2 - Langley BC with BC Wheelchair Basketball, January 25th and 26th
- Division 2 - Canadian Finals, Langley - BC-CWBL Finals March 8th and 9th
Off Season Events 2014
- Kelowna Jamboree - May 11th and 12th, Kelowna BC:link_3026
- Ranier to Ruston - (Cross training opportunity) June 1st, Tacoma WA
- Hoopfest - June 29th-30th, Spokane WA
- ShoWare Center 3 on 3 - July 27th and 28th, Kent WA
- Tacoma Toss Up - August 17th, Tacoma WA
- Season Opener Scrimmage and Chillax Session- Sept 7th, Tacoma WA
(253) 404-3955 email@example.com