Whether you're a sports enthusiast who wants to pass on lessons of teamwork, a senior with time and talent to give, or a student looking for course credit, we have a volunteer opportunity to fit your lifestyle.
At Metro Parks, our mission is to create healthy opportunities to play, learn and grow. Moving our mission forward would not be possible without the countless hours of service volunteers give to our parks and programs and to the people who enjoy them.
TIME SENSITIVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
- National Trails Day at Point Defiance & Titlow Parks - June 1, 2013
- Volunteers needed to help maintain and restore trails
- Contact Richard Madison at 202-5978 to learn more by May 29, 2013.
- Wine & Roses fundraising event in rose garden at Point Defiance Park needs volunteers on June 22, 2013 from 10:30 am until 9-10 pm
- things you can help with include setting up tents, unfolding chairs, getting tasting stations ready, silent auction set up, registration, wine sales, assisting food & wine stations, raffle, parking, etc.
- contact email@example.com with your interest and times available
- Ethnic Fest - July 27-28
- Volunteers needed Friday for set up noon-4 pm. Saturday & Sunday shifts are 4 hour blocks within the hours of 10 am-8 pm. Orientations are held the week prior. Groups, families and individuals are all welcome. Volunteer application 2013
- Contact Phedra Redifer at 305-1022 or firstname.lastname@example.org by July 8, 2013.
- Looking for an upcoming park work party? Visit the Green Tacoma Partnership event website for a current list of opportunities.
- Active Livestyles & Community Wellness
- Adaptive Recreation & Sports
- Meadow Park Golf Course Marshals
- Northwest Youth Sports Alliance Coaches
- SPARX Middle School Collaborative
- Specialized Recreation & Sports
- Special Olympics
- Wellness Activities & Runs - Don't want to race, but want to be part of the fun? Race Crew volunteers wanted!
- Business & Responsive Agency
- Citizen Advisory Councils
- Culture, Heritage & Community Services
- Community Arts Programs
- Community Centers
- Fort Nisqually Living History Museum
- Special Events
- Nature & Environmental Education
- Northwest Trek Wildlife Park
- Parks & Horticultural Services
- Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium
- Tacoma Nature Center
|REQUEST FOR CONTACT ABOUT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:||Featured Volunteer of the Month:|