Whether you're a sports enthusiast who wants to pass on lessons of teamwork, a senior with time and talent to give, or a student looking for course credit, we have a volunteer opportunity to fit your lifestyle.
At Metro Parks, our mission is to create healthy opportunities to play, learn and grow. Moving our mission forward would not be possible without the countless hours of service volunteers give to our parks and programs and to the people who enjoy them.TIME SENSITIVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
- Downtown to Defiance Duathlon - September 28
Volunteers needed 5 am-12 noon at Owen Beach in Point Defiance Park. Service areas include aid stations, directing runners/bikers on the course, gates/transition areas, start/finish, staging area set up and clean-up crew. - contact Alex Buskirk (253) 305-1099 / More Info
- Youth Soccer Coaches - August thru November / coaches packets available online - Soccer / league play begins early September / contact Roy Fletcher (253)305-1025 by June 30 / More Info
- Protecting Tacoma's Natural Areas - May through December 2014 / work parties every 2nd Saturday at Franklin Park, Julia's Gulch, Wapato Hills & Puget Creek and every 3rd Saturday at Oak Tree Park & McKinley Park / contact Richard Madison (253) 202-5978 / More Info
- Looking for an upcoming park work party? Visit the Green Tacoma Partnership event website for a current list of opportunities.
- Active Livestyles & Community Wellness
- Adaptive Recreation & Sports
- Meadow Park Golf Course Marshals
- Northwest Youth Sports Alliance Coaches
- Senior Volunteers for Fifty and Better (FAB) Program
- SPARX Middle School Collaborative
- Specialized Recreation & Sports
- Special Olympics
- Wellness Activities & Runs - Don't want to race, but want to be part of the fun? Race Crew volunteers wanted!
- Business & Responsive Agency
- Culture, Heritage & Community Services
- Nature & Environmental Education
|REQUEST FOR CONTACT ABOUT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:|
2013 Volunteer Report