Destination Point Defiance
|Coming to Point Defiance: Hammerheads,
new recreation space & more!
Destination Point Defiance is a long-term comprehensive planning initiative started years ago to enhance the park’s experience and honor its character.
The capital improvement bond approved by voters in 2014 is funding much of the related construction work along with grants from the state RCO program, Washington State taxpayers, donors and other sources.
Due to construction of a roundabout at Pearl Street, visitors should be aware of detours within the park. Detours during construction >
Pavilion construction on the peninsula
Construction Impacts: What's Happening
Week of May 7, 2018
Pearl Street Roundabout
- This week: crews will continue to work on the east portion of the project. Traffic lanes continue to be shifted to the west. Please use extreme care when traveling through the project. Traffic control is directing traffic during construction hours. View detour map >
- Visitors will see detour signs and flagging to direct traffic into the park and to the marina during construction work hours. Please use caution and thank you for your patience.
- Neighbors will notice the shifting of the traffic lanes to allow construction workers to continue working in the roundabout. A big thank you to the park neighbors as we continue through the project. We are very active and appreciate everyone’s patience. The project is well underway and the neighborhood can see much of the planned project structures, sidewalks, roadway and signage.
- Traffic impacts: Please allow extra commute time to travel through the work area. Traffic control, directional signage and traffic flaggers direct traffic in and out of the Park, Ferry Lane and Roundabout. Read more about traffic detours >
- Work hours: 7 am-3:30 pm, Monday-Friday
Waterfront Phase I – Triangle
- This week we will continue working on the soil nail wall fascia shotcrete, ultrablock wall construction and boat trailer parking lot slope repairs.
- Visitors will see and hear: concrete trucks, haul trucks, work trucks.
- Neighbors will see and hear: concrete trucks, haul trucks, work trucks.
- Traffic impacts: The haul route is currently N. 54th St, Highland St., and Pearl St.
- Work hours: 7 am to 3:30 am
Waterfront Phase I - Peninsula
- This week we will continue working on pavilion roofing, framing, and windows, and guard shack plumbing and drywall. Crews are also planting landscape, working on irrigation and stripping planter walls.
- Visitors will see and hear: flatbed trucks for deliveries, trucks, forklifts, generators, roofing materials.
- Neighbors will see and hear: flatbed trucks for deliveries, trucks, forklifts, generators, roofing materials.
- Traffic impacts: Temporary entry to yacht club is on gravel roads, please drive slowly.
- Work hours: 7 am-3:30 pm
- This week: Completion of the in-tank rockwork. On-going MEP installations, wall framing, roofing.
- Visitors will see and hear increased traffic and general construction noise.
- Park neighbors will see and hear increased traffic and general construction noise.
- Traffic impacts: increased traffic.
Work hours: Monday-Saturday, 5 am-11 pm