- Contact Us
- Parks & Zoo Bond
- Destination Point Defiance
- Envision Our Waterfront
- Community Impact Report
- Park Board
- Agency Plans & Partnerships
- Legislative Agenda
- Gift Cards
- Accreditation & Awards
- Benefits of Parks and Recreation Services
- Whole Child Access Pass
- Percent for Art
ABOUT METRO PARKS TACOMA
Metro Parks Tacoma (MPT) is a CAPRA-accredited, independent park district that leads efforts to build a healthy, sustainable community.
Good parks, open space and program services contribute to economic development by fostering economic benefits and promoting tourism.
- Environmentally, they provide green infrastructure and help manage climate change.
- Socially, they revitalize communities, create safer neighborhoods, help children learn and grow, improve public and environmental health, and support smart growth.
- Culturally, open space and program services can nurture a sense of place in the community, and provide opportunities to engage the public of diverse backgrounds.
Creating healthy opportunities to play, learn and grow.
Metro Parks Tacoma envisions a vibrant, active and engaged community.
OUR CORE VALUES
These eight core values will guide future decisions, business and operations, and the manner in which MPT treats staff, customers and the community: