Metro Parks Tacoma, as a government entity, conducts public business and its records related to the business of Metro Parks Tacoma are generally available for public review. Nevertheless, Metro Parks Tacoma is committed, to the extent allowable by law, to protect and secure your personal information contained in Metro Parks Tacoma records.
This privacy commitment must be balanced with the rights of public access under Chapter 42.56 RCW (Washington Public Disclosure Act) and consistent with any other applicable federal, state, and local statute or regulation.
- Metro Parks Tacoma gathers personal information when it is relevant and necessary, fair and to the extent possible with the knowledge and consent of the individual, to accomplish district business. We only obtain this information through legal means. When Metro Parks Tacoma collects personal information from you, we: Tell you why we are collecting this personal information.
- Limit the amount of your personal information that we collect to that which is necessary for the stated purpose for which it was collected.
- Take steps to use your personal information to the stated purpose for which it was collected.
- Take steps to ensure that, at the time of collection, your personal information is accurate, complete and current.
- Provide your personal information only to authorized Metro Parks Tacoma employees and private contractors or public organizations on a need-to-know basis and as a result of a public disclosure request as required by the Public Records Act.
- Do not sell or make your personal information available to others without your consent
- Legally required or permitted by law; or
- Needed to complete your transaction with the county.
- Retain personal information only as long as necessary to conduct county business in accordance with records retention schedules.
- Dispose of personal information in a secure manner that prevents unauthorized disclosure.
- Take organizational, technological, and physical measures to securely safeguard personal information.
Information specific to the Internet
Metro Parks Tacoma may track information, such as user hits, visits and sessions; however this information cannot be linked to a specific person.
Personal information collected on certain Metro Parks Tacoma web pages is data that you provide to us about yourself. Providing personal information to us on our website is purely voluntary. This information is used to better serve you. Should you choose not to provide personal information to Metro Parks Tacoma on a website, you may provide this information to us in another way, such as visiting an office during normal business hours or, for some services, completing your business by mail or telephone.
Metro Parks Tacoma’s website has links to other websites, including other government agencies, nonprofit organizations and private businesses. When you link to one of these external websites, you are no longer on Metro Parks Tacoma’s website and this privacy notice no longer applies. Instead, you are subject to the privacy notice or other terms and conditions of that website.
E-mail Address Privacy
Your e-mail address and personal information are safe with us. We will not share this with anyone else. We may use it occasionally to provide you with information about MPT programs, activities and events. If at any time you no longer wish to receive such information, you may unsubscribe by following the simple instructions that come with each email. We’ll remove your e-mail address immediately.
Your personal information
Upon request to Metro Parks Tacoma, you may review your personal information that the district maintains about you and ask that we correct any inaccuracies. To find out more, contact Metro Parks Tacoma at email@example.com.
Social Media Commenting
Metro Parks Tacoma welcomes dialogue with the public.
Please be aware that all comments, private messages and visitor posts on any Metro Parks Tacoma social media site are subject to public disclosure laws and will be screened periodically for the following:
- Potentially libelous comments.
- Obscene or explicit comments.
- Hateful or mean-spirited comments.
- Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language.
- Plagiarized material, or material that violates intellectual property rights.
- Private, personal information published without consent.
- Commercial promotions or spam.
- Comments that are off-topic or that link to material that is off-topic.
- Comments that embed images from external sources.
- Comments that violate any law.
The opinions expressed by visitors to our social sites are not the comments of Metro Parks Tacoma and do not reflect the official views and positions of Metro Parks Tacoma.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments on our social media sites will be screened periodically during standard business days.