This is a developmental swim program that offers all levels of training in various pools across Tacoma. Get inspired to expand your goals and reach beyond your potential!
Swim teams include:
- Neighborhood Swim Team (summer only) welcomes youth 7-17 years old with no or little swimming experience. Athletes must be comfortable moving around in water where they can stand and touch the bottom.
- Explorers Group (monthly, up to 4 times a week) primarily focuses on increasing swimmer efficiency. Swimming fast is de-emphasized while body position and efficiency are developed. Coach’s permission to register is required.
- Challengers Group (monthly, up to 5 times a week) is a step further into competitive swimming, where technique is emphasized while training and racing really start to take off. Coach’s permission to register is required.
- Achievers Group (monthly, up to 6 times a week) takes proper swimming technique and dynamics into higher level in preparation for competitive success. Coach’s permission to register is required.
- Sectional Group (monthly, up to 8 times a week) consists mostly of 15 and older youths. It promotes swimming to reach the athlete’s highest potential. Competitions attendance is encouraged. All high school and college swimmers are welcome.
Eastside Community Center
Mon & Wed: 6-7:30 pm
Mon, Tue & Thu: 6-7:30pm
Mt Tahoma HS
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur: 4:30-7:45 pm
Training fees for residents and non-residents:
- Explorers: $76 resident/$87 non-resident per month
- Challengers: $89 resident/$103 non-resident per month
- Achievers: $101 resident/$119 non-resident per month
- Sectional: $113 resident/$134 non-resident per month
Financial aid is available through Metro Parks Tacoma. For more information, please click here.
Online registration is available at www.metroaquatics.org
You can also text to receive the registration link on your phone:
- text SWIMTEAM to 555888 (Explores, Challengers, Achievers and Sectional)