With both competitive and developmental teams an athlete can find great success in this popular team sport. Athletes will learn about teamwork, sportsmanship, and communication among many other life skills. The Tacoma Titans practice and play year round. During the season teams travel locally participating in games and tournaments within the National Wheelchair Basketball Association and the Canadian Wheelchair Basketball League. Then during the off season players have the opportunity to cross train and participate in outdoor 3 on 3 style tournaments like Hoopfest in Spokane.
The program is also a Paralympic Sport Club and offers unique competitive and recreational athletics for people seeking individual sports like track & field and archery along with team sports like wheelchair basketball and goalball. All geared and designed to put the athletes in a successful situation to help achieve their goals.
- Wednesdays 7-9:30pm Boys and Girls Club
- Saturdays 11am-2pm Boys & Girls Club
- Spokane WA, Oct 14th-15th
- Lower Mainland BC Nov 11th-12th
- Portland OR Nov 18th - 19th
- Seattle Jam - Dec 5-7 (Jr.s and Womens only)
- Victoria BC PISE January 20-21
- Presidents Cup Tacoma Feb 17-18th
- Kelowna BC - March 17th - 18th
- Seattle - March 25th -26th
- NWBA Nationals April - 5th- 8th
- BC Finals 28th- 29th Kamloops
Meet our coaches!
- Charlie Katica - Coach of the Tacoma Titans
- Charlie has been involved with Adaptive Athletics since 2010. He first started working with wheelchair basketball when finishing school at The University of Alabama, where he was an Assistant Coach for the Women's Wheelchair Basketball team from 2010 to 2012. He received the Head Coaching job from 2012-2014. Charlie received a job closer to home and has been an Assistant Professor in the Department of Kinesiology at Pacific Lutheran University since 2014. In addition to wheelchair basketball, Charlie assists with the Metro Parks Adaptive Cycling program. Charlie is excited to be a part of the Metro Parks Tacoma Adaptive Recreation team and looks forward to continuing his work with Adaptive Athletics.
- Noah Seidel - Coach of the Tacoma Titans
- Hello! I currently live in Lacey, Washington. I graduated from the University of Washington. I have been playing sports my entire life. I am an avid sports fan supporting our Washington teams. I am also interested in disability policy and I work in Olympia advocating for policies that help people with disabilities.
- Beth Murphy - Coach of the Tacoma Titans
- Beth has been involved in wheelchair basketball, and other adaptive sports, since 2013. She has been a lover of all types of sports her whole life, never having tried a sport that she did not like, and when she experienced wheelchair basketball for the first time at the annual Nets for Vets event, it was no different. Beth will be graduating from physical therapy school in August of 2016 and looks forward to continuing to be involved with the Tacoma Titans with playing, coaching and hopefully becoming a classifier for the team. Beth's goals include: eventually being able to play in the National Wheelchair Basketball Association as an able-bodied player, but until the rules change, she will continue to represent the Titans in the Canadian Wheelchair Basketball League; and trying as many adaptive sports as she can with having checked seated volleyball, goalball, wheelchair basketball, and beep baseball off of her list.
- Parker Ayers - Coach of the Tacoma Titans
- Parker has been with the Park District for 12yrs and has been working with people with physical disabilites for over 10yrs. He has been with the team that entire time and loves to get new athletes involved in the sport. Having grown up playing the able bodied game he is well versed in the sport and has adapted his experience to the wheelchair game. He'll be the loud one on the sidelines!
(253) 404-3955 email@example.com
We have started a youth team and we want YOU! Looking for players, 5+ years old along with coaches and support staff!
Interested in the Jr. Titans? Call Head Coach Dave Fouquette (425)876-8357