BOARD ADVISORY COUNCILS:
Citizen advisory council members provide valuable input on Metro Parks Tacoma programs and facilities. They assess community needs and desires on such topics as policies, budgets, programming, operations and future needs, and then make recommendations to staff members and the Board of Park Commissioners.
- Appointed by the Board of Park Commissioners
- May serve up to two consecutive three-year terms
- Board Resolution & Charter (09/14/09)
HOW TO APPLY
- Return completed application to:
Metro Parks Tacoma
Attn: Communications & Public Affairs Office
4702 S. 19th St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
- Email or call (253) 305-1065
Annual Advisory Council Summit: October 18, 2016
||ACTIVE LIFESTYLES & COMMUNITY WELLNESS
Group addresses adult sports and fitness, swimming and aquatic programs, youth programming, specialized recreation and other programs, facilities and services.
- Members - Meagan Kula (Vice-Chair), J. Preston Childs, Will Taplin (Secretary), Darren Campbell, Ron Harpel, Brian Looper (Chair), Jane Moore, Bill Privett, Emily Russell, Janet Whaley
- Meetings - 4th Thursday, 6:30-7:30 pm; Headquarters Main Conference Room (4702 S. 19th St.) / Current Agenda / Minutes ( 05/25/17; 04/23/17; 03/23/17; 02/23/17; 01/26/17, 12/22/16-cancelled, 11/17/16; 09/22/16; 08/25/16 - cancelled; 07/28/16; 06/23/16; 05/26/16; 04/28/16; 03/23/16; 02/25/16; 1/28/16
- Board Liaison - Tim Reid (253) 565-7854
- Director Liaison - Dave Lewis (253) 305-1067
- Staff Liaison - Joey Furuto (253) 305-1051
- Staff Liaison - Mary Tuttle (253) 471-0500
||BUSINESS & RESPONSIVE AGENCY
Group addresses business planning, financial sustainability, revenue development and quality assurance activities.
||ARTS & HERITAGE
Group addresses historic preservation, special events and arts programming.
- Members - Zach Powers - Chair, Angela Jossy, Heather Joy, Andrea Michelbach - Vice-chair, Britt Board, Carol Goforth, Katy Evans, Laura Bradley, Maria Pascualy, Peter Stanley, Silong Chhun
- Meetings - 3rd Wednesday, 5:30-7:00 pm; Headquarters Planning Conference Room (4702 S. 19th St.) / Current Agenda / Minutes ( 7/19/17; 6/21/17; 5/17/17; 4/19/17; 3/15/17; 2/15/17; 1/18/17; 11/16/16; 09/21/16; 08/17/16; 07/20/16; 06/15/16; 05/18/16; 04/20/16; 03/16/16; 02/17/16; 01/20/16) / Work Plan
- Board Liaison - Aaron Pointer (253) 761-0490
- Director Liaison - Shon Sylvia (253) 305-1072
- Staff Liaison - Melissa McGinnis (253) 305-1003
- Staff Liaison - Mary Tuttle (253) 305-1022
||NATURE & ENVIRONMENT
Group addresses environmental education, marine and shoreline issues, open space, garden management and our neighborhood, community and regional parks.
- Members - Ryen Godwin, Anthea Aasen, Chris Beale, Nicholas Carr, Liz Collins, Ryan Dicks (Chair), Joey Henderson, Morgan Ireland, Liz Satterthwaite (Vice-Chair), Jessica Stone, Luis Yanez, Jennifer Stebbings, Lauren Anderson (SAMI) coordinates the effort to have members of the SAMI student body present & active.
- Meetings - 2nd Thursday, 5:30 pm; Headquarters Board Room (4702 S. 19th St.) / Current Agenda / Minutes ( 4/13/17; 3/9/17 - cancelled due to lack of quorum; 2/9/17; 1/12/17, 12/8/16 - cancelled due to inclement weather; 11/10/16 - Field trip to Stormwater Treatment Facility at Point Defiance; 09/09/16 - Potluck, 08/11/16 - cancelled; 07/14;16; 06/09/16; 05/12/16; 04/14/16; 03/10/16 - cancelled; 01/14/16
- Board Liaison - Erik Hanberg (253) 305-1091
- Director Liaison - Marina Becker (253) 305-1024
- Staff Liaison - Mary Anderson (253) 305-1007
- Staff Liaison - Michele Cardinaux (253) 305-1014
||MEADOW PARK GOLF ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Group addresses community orientated golf, 100th Anniversary Celebration in 2015, community programs and events, environmental programs and projects, business planning and financial sustainability issues.
- Members - Tony Bubenas, Lee Gault, Larry Hagg, Keith Johnson, Kelly Miles
- Meetings - quarterly - Feb. 15, May 16, Jul. 18, Oct. 17 in 1012, 3:00 pm; Meadow Park Golf Course (7108 Lakewood Dr. W.) / Agenda / Minutes / Work Plan
- Staff Liaison - Chris Goodman (253) 473-3033
Return completed application to:
Meadow Park Golf Course
Attn: Chris Goodman
7108 Lakewood Dr. W.
Tacoma, WA 98422
- Questions? email or call (253) 473-3033