Apprenticeship Training Program
The Apprenticeship Training Program provides opportunities for workers in state-approved apprentice programs to perform work that provides living wages on qualifying Metro Parks Tacoma public works projects.
PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROGRAM
- Apprenticeship Training Program Policy
- Contractors must contract with state-approved apprentices for 15% of a project's total labor hour goal on qualifying public works contracts totaling $250,000 or more.
- The Apprenticeship Training Program Utilization Goal is estimated by the Project Manager/Architect/Engineer and Apprenticeship Training Program Coordinator.
- The goal and information about the program will be included in the bid specifications for the project.
- Apprenticeship Training Program Information
- Contractors must present their Apprenticeship Training Program Utilization Plan for meeting the 15% utilization goal at a pre-construction meeting.
- Contractors can use subcontractor hours toward meeting the goal.
- Contractors must provide a Washington State Apprentice Verification Form for every person from whom the contractor will claim credit.
- Once the project is underway, Contractors will turn in payroll information listing all apprentices working on the project.
- Contractors who do not meet the goal may be assessed a monetary penalty for each unmet labor hour which will then support and cover operation costs of the Apprenticeship Training Program.
- Contact Julie Wilfong at (253) 305-1040