Cub Scout Programs
- Call the Nature Center at (253) 404-3930 to book a Cub Scout program.
- Dates fill quickly so book early. Have several date options available when you call.
- Two week minimum notice is needed to schedule programs.
- Programs are available Tuesday - Saturday during the day and after school, mid-September through May.
- We are unable to offer any scout programs mid-June through mid-September.
- Minimum payment is for 10 Scouts and must be made at time of booking. Maximum number of boys is 15.
- Adults are free and must provide appropriate adult:child ratio.
- The programs are designed for Cub Scouts only. There is an outdoor play area, exhibit area, and hiking trails for other children with adult supervision.
- Contact Lauren Bentson, Education Program Coordinator, by phone (253) 404-3930 or e-mail at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Special Program: Night Howl for Scouts
Night Howl for Scouts
Saturday, October 27, 2018
6:00pm-9:00pm, $12/scout, adults free
A special night with the wildlife at Tacoma Nature Center just for Junior Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts ages 8-11. Take a guided night hike and hoot for owls, howl for coyotes, use your nocturnal senses, and learn survival skills. Speical Tacoma Nature Center patch included. Pre-registration required.
Bear Rank: Fur, Feathers, and Ferns
Hands-on activities and games teach about endangered animals of the Pacific Northwest, observing nature closely, and composting. Boys take a guided hike to explore the wildlife of Snake Lake. This program fulfills the requirements the required Bear Adventure: Fur, Feathers, and Ferns.
Fee: $12 per Scout
Time: 2 hours
Webelos Rank: Into the WoodsGames and hands-on activities teach about the forest ecosystem and the life of trees. A guided hike of Snake Lake gives boys the chance to observe wildlife and learn to identify common trees and plants of the Pacific Northwest. The Webelos badge requires boys to complete two elective adventures. This program fulfills the requirements for the Webelos elective adventure: Into the Woods.
Fee: $12 per Scout
Time: 2 ½ hours