Upcoming _Chip-in! Events
Parks Appreciation Day
Saturday, April 27 (9:00am - 12:00pm)
Do something good for the earth!
Participants are needed to spruce up local parks by trimming limbs, grooming grounds, combing beaches and planting more flowers and trees. This annual event draws thousands of volunteers in cities throughout Pierce County, each person lending a hand to keep parks beautiful and to do a good deed for their community.
Metro Parks Tacoma sites are listed below. To join us for one of the work parties below,
- Alderwood Park / 208 Browns Point Blvd.
- Charlotte’s Blueberry Park / 7402 East D St.
(Meet at the entrance to the park off of D Street.)
- McKinley Park / 907 Upper Park St.
- Point Defiance Park / 5400 N. Pearl St.
(Meet in the Visitors Center parking lot just across from the tennis courts.)
- Wapato Park / 6500 S. Sheridan Ave.
Groups of 10 or more are asked to pre-register by contacting Richard M. at (253) 202-5978.