Parks Appreciation Day
Saturday, April 27 (9:00am - 12:00pm)
Do something good for the earth!
Participants are needed to spruce up local parks by trimming limbs, grooming grounds, combing beaches and planting more flowers and trees. This annual event draws thousands of volunteers in cities throughout Pierce County, each person lending a hand to keep parks beautiful and to do a good deed for their community.
Metro Parks Tacoma sites are listed below. To join us for one of the work parties below,
- Browns Point Playfield, 4915 La Hal Da Ln. (Meet near the curly slide and playground.)
- Charlotte's Blueberry Park, 7402 East D St. (Meet at the entrance to the park off of D Street.)
- McKinley Park, E Upper Park Dr. and McKinley Ave. (Meet at the pillars and McKinley Park sign on Upper Park Street.)
- Point Defiance Park, 5400 N. Pearl St., (Meet in the Visitors Center parking lot just across from the tennis courts.)
DETOURS IN PLACE DUE TO CONSTRUCTION AT PEARL STREET. LEARN MORE >
- STAR Center, 3873 S. 66th St. (Meet in the parking lot near the tennis courts.)
- Swan Creek Park, 44th and Roosevelt Ave. (Meet near the community garden.)
- Tacoma Nature Center, S 19th and Tyler St. (Meet in the parking lot near the entrance to the Nature Center building.)
- Titlow Park, 8201 6th Ave. (Meet in the large parking lot near the spray and playground.)
Groups of 10 or more are asked to pre-register by contacting Richard M. at (253) 202-5978.