Parks Appreciation Day
Saturday, April 27 (9:00am - 12:00pm)
Do something good for the earth!
Participants are needed to spruce up local parks by trimming limbs, grooming grounds, combing beaches and planting more flowers and trees. This annual event draws thousands of volunteers in cities throughout Pierce County, each person lending a hand to keep parks beautiful and to do a good deed for their community.
Metro Parks Tacoma sites are listed below. To join us for one of the work parties below,
- Alderwood Park / 208 Browns Point Blvd.
- Charlotte’s Blueberry Park / 7402 East D St.
(Meet at the entrance to the park off of D Street.)
- Point Defiance Park / 5400 N. Pearl St.
(Meet in the Visitors Center parking lot just across from the tennis courts.)
- Tacoma Nature Center / S 19th and Tyler St.
(Meet in the parking lot near the entrance to the Nature Center building.)
- Wapato Park / 6500 S. Sheridan Ave.
- Wright Park / 501 South I St.
Groups of 10 or more are asked to pre-register by contacting Richard M. at (253) 202-5978.