Waterfront Parks Open House
Thursday, March 15 (6:00pm - 8:00pm)
Learn about planned improvements for Dickman Mill Park, Titlow Park, Ruston Way and other waterfront projects including two Foss Waterway parks.
The open house will include presentations and numerous displays. Metro Parks staff will be available to talk about waterfront projects, answer questions and hear comments.
The spotlight will be a presentation of a schematic design for Metro Parks’ Dickman Mill Park, where Cambia Health Solutions, the parent company of Regence BlueShield, marked its centennial in 2017 by pledging funds to restore the former lumber mill’s original head saw.
Open House Wrap-Up:
- Dickman Mill Headsaw Renovation
- Ruston Way Vision Planning (Envision Our Waterfront)
- Foss Waterway Park, Central Park
- Point Defiance Park’s Owen Beach
- Point Defiance Park Waterfront Phase I
- Titlow Park Master Plan Update
Museum admission is free as part of “Third Thursday.” A new exhibit titled First on the Waterways: The Puyallup People explores the Puyallup People’s intimate connection to the Salish Sea and the Puyallup River.
Other Metro Parks Tacoma waterfront projects also will be showcased, including:
- Two Foss Waterway parks planned in partnership with the Foss Waterway Development Authority
- Point Defiance Park waterfront improvements, including the newly named 11-acre Dune Peninsula at Point Defiance Park
- Owen Beach renovation plans
- A master plan update for Titlow Park
The free event coincides with Tacoma’s monthly Third Thursday, an evening of free admission to the Foss Waterway Seaport and other downtown museums.
Read the press release >