Accomplished in 2016!
|Franklin Park - Franklin Elementary Day of Environmental Service
Over the span of 6.5 hours we worked at 4 Stations: Litter Pick-Up, Native Plants, Weeding & Playground. Rotating Kindergarten through 5th Grades for approx. 15-40 minutes per Station was a fantastic endeavor made by nearly 20 classrooms. Our numbers totaled 249 students and 33 adults! The entire school collectively:
Meet our newest Habitat Steward, Chris Beale.
Wapato Park work parties are held from 9 am -noon on the fourth Saturday of every month.
|Monthly Volunteer Work Parties make it easy to chip in and make a difference!
Find upcoming volunteer events for Swan Creek Park
Since 2004, the Chip-In program has been tracking annual volunteer hours that directly relate to an equivalent gross value of what it would take both monetarily and staff wise, to get the same amount of work accomplished.
In 2014, volunteers gave 47,622 hours of their time, which equated to $1,037,683 in value and a workforce of 25 full time employees. We have 45 Chip-in Partnership agreements spanning over 50 parks and open spaces.
Individual volunteers helped:
- Bring their community together
- Bring their family together and made a difference with a sense of accomplishment
- Enhance their personal health and well-being
- Create greater awareness of nature and the environment
- Promote ethnic and cultural harmony
- Increase economic vitality
- Improve their community and neighborhood