This historic glass conservatory, with its distinctive twelve-sided central dome, is listed on the City of Tacoma, Washington State and National historic registers. 3,000 panes of glass make up the dome and wings of the Conservatory.
GRAND FLORAL EXHIBITS
July 16-August 12
Explore some of the plants woven throughout Shakespeares work in the Conservatory's bouquet of blooms pocket garden display.
Shakespeare in the Park
Friday, August 10
Pack you snacks, blankets and lawn chairs and head to Wright Park for a free outdoor production of Shakespeare's "The Merry Wives of Windsor" courtesy of Seattle Shakespeare Co.'s Wooden O Productions.
7-9 pm / FREE
PERMANENT BOTANICAL COLLECTION
WRIGHT PARK ARBORETUM
- Crave: An Early Glimpse of Spring - February 13-March 25, 2018
- Vivid: A Burst of Summer Color - June 12-July 22, 2018
- Crisp: An Ode to Autumn - October 23-November 25, 2018
- Lavish: A Festive Victorian Holiday - December 1, 2017-January 7, 2018
- 27-acre site includes a rich collection of native and exotic trees, many of which are over 100 years old.
- The original plantings included trees from all over North America and Europe. Later plantings added trees from Asia and South America.
- Currently, there are over 600 trees in Wright Park.
- Champion Tree Tour Booklet