This historic glass conservatory, with its distinctive twelve-sided central dome, is listed on the City of Tacoma, Washington State and National historic registers. 3,000 panes of glass make up the dome and wings of the Conservatory.
DIG IT: A PREHISTORIC PLANT EXHIBIT
June 17-August 11, 2019
DIG IT: VISIT WITH THE BURKE MUSEUM
July 20, 2019
10 am-1 pm / $3 suggested donation
Get up close and personal with specimens, objects and artifacts that represent different areas of the Burke Museum's collections. Interpreted by Burke educators, these interactive exhibits encourage object-based, hands-on learning.
PERMANENT BOTANICAL COLLECTION
WRIGHT PARK ARBORETUM
- Crave: An Early Glimpse of Spring - February 12-April 7, 2019
- Vivid: A Burst of Summer Color - May 7-June 16, 2019
- Crisp: An Ode to Autumn - October 22 - November 24, 2019
- Lavish: A Festive Victorian Holiday - December 2019-January 2020 dates TBA
- 27-acre site includes a rich collection of native and exotic trees, many of which are over 100 years old.
- The original plantings included trees from all over North America and Europe. Later plantings added trees from Asia and South America.
- Currently, there are over 600 trees in Wright Park.
- Champion Tree Tour Booklet