Parking and Circulation
Alternative parking available for boaters using the Point Defiance Park launch
Due to waterfront improvement projects we are again offering a parking shuttle to boat launch patrons. It will be available from 4 a.m. to 8 p.m. (or as needed) on weekends starting Saturday, May 5, and seven days a week from June 18 through Sept. 3.
Parking your boat trailer:
- Launch your boat.
- Drive your trailer to Point Defiance Elementary School, 4330 N. Visscher St., and park in the designated area.
- Look for the “Shuttle” sign and wait for the next shuttle. It will take you back to the launch.
- Once you bring your boat in, tie it up at the launch and go to the shuttle pick-up area.
- The shuttle will take you back to the school. Drive back to the launch and retrieve your boat.
View the Open house presentation slides (pdf) or watch the video below:
Watch Now: Parking & Circulation Presentation at Open House 2-10-18
How do we handle increasing traffic?
With multiple improvements coming to Point Defiance Park we know that more visitors will be coming into the park. Metro Parks wants to increase safety and alleviate congestion. That’s why we are doing a major Parking & Circulation Study to look at:
- Pedestrian & Bicycle Circulation
- Vehicle Circulation
- Parking Management Solutions
- Multimodal Mobility
Need to park your boat trailer?
Call (253) 404-3960 to find the best options for parking your trailer.
Use a buddy system so that someone drops you and your boat off and comes back to pick you up when you return as we have very limited parking. (We realize that will have to be a really understanding friend or relative.)
Rent Space at the Marina
Store your boat at the Point Defiance Marina (limited to boats under 17 feet). Find options and pricing online. Call (253) 404-3960 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a tour of the locker facilities.