Responding to the needs
of the local community as it strives to #ImagineEastside
, the center is expected to provide:
- Services to all youth in the area, including more than double the number currently served by Boys & Girls Clubs' youth development programming.
- Aquatic programs, including exercise swimming as well as a leisure pool with shallow depth and warm water amenities.
- Weight and cardio rooms, and fitness classes.
- Adaptive recreational facilities for those with physical disabilities.
- Basketball, volleyball and other sports in the multi-use gymnasium.
- Creative space for music, theater, dance and visual arts, and even a sound-recording studio, which could help launch careers.
- Cooking classes for healthy living and sharing ethnic cultures through food.
- Nature walks, environmental education and mountain biking by taking advantage of the connection to Swan Creek Park.
- Adults and senior programming, trips and events.
- Event rental space for weddings, parties, corporate and community events.
- Library services in collaboration with First Creek Middle School.