LUSIO LIGHTS 21+
Friday, November 16
Curated by Lusio, local light artists use the plants as canvases and transform the Conservatory into a whole new world. Come explore this creative and fun light art as you explore the fragrant dark pathways of this historic location. Drinks will be available for purchase and you can also dance to DJ's.
All IDs will be checked at the door for this 21+ event.
LUSIO LIGHTS - ALL AGES FAMILY NIGHT
Saturday, November 17
Bring the whole family for a de"light"ful evening as Lusio brings the gardens alive with light. Explore creative and fun light art in the fragrant dark pathways of the historic Conservatory. See local light artists use the plants as canvases and transform the Conservatory into a whole new world.
Family Night Lusio Lights will feature free snacks, glow in the dark face paint and light music to accompany your magical botanical journey. Glowing costumes encouraged.
Lusio Lights is a two day after-hours fundraising event for the W.W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory Foundation featuring the light exhibits and displays curated by Lusio.
- Advance Tickets for Members - $15**
- Advance Tickets for Non-Members - $20
- Day of - $25 for everyone at door / Cash and Cards accepted
- Children 12 and under get in FREE (Nov. 17 All Ages Family only)
No pets, food, or outside drinks.
** Members of the W.W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory Foundation get discounted tickets. Join today before getting your ticket and get 365 days of savings.
December 1, 2018
10 am-3 pm / $3 suggested donation
Enjoy the much anticipated visit from Santa and his reindeer friends and memorialize the holidays with a professional photograph. Reindeer will be on the front lawn of the conservatory from 10 am-1 pm, while pictures with Santa will be inside the tropical warmth of the Conservatory.
VICTORIAN HOLIDAY FESTIVAL
December 8, 2018
10 am-3 pm / $3 suggested donation
Enjoy live music, crafts and delightful lrefreshments at this annual holiday festival.
HOLIDAY SING-ALONG & COCOA
December 14, 2018
6-8 pm / $3 suggested donation
Enjoy an evening of hot cocoa, cookies and singing holiday favorites with friends and family.
All Conservatory Holiday Events are
Presented by Sound Credit Union
| MONTHLY EVENTS
SECOND SUNDAY MUSIC 2018
1-2:30 pm / $3 suggested donation
Local musicians add harmonious ambiance to the Conservatory during this concert series. The soaring glass architecture provides resonant acoustics for instruments and vocals of all kinds. Musical performances range from classical to folk. $3 suggested donation.
• November 11 - Sweet Mary - Folk
• December 9 - The Loving Tunefuls - Folk, Singer/Songwriter
• January 13 - Tim Bertsch - Harpsichord, Guitarist
• February 10 - Ranger and the Re-Arrangers -Swing & Jazz Musicians
• March 10 - 10/10 Acapella
• April 14 - TBD
• May 12 - TBD
• June 9 - Stephanie Huber - Pop/Folk Musician
• July 14 - Kareem Kandi - Jazz
• August 11 - TBD
• September 8 - TBD
• October 13 - TBD
• November 10 - TBD
• December 8 - TBD
(Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in performing on a future date.)
CHILDREN'S STORY HOUR 2018
11 am-noon / $3 suggested donation
Join Bonnie Beaudoin among the beautiful flowers for monthly storytelling along with a short hands-on art and science projects.
• November 14 - Book: Owl Moon by Jane Yolen / Science: The Moon / Art: Crayon Resist Moon Picture
• December 12 - Book: Red Sings from Treetops: A Year in Colors by Joyce Sidman / Science: The Seasons / Art: Sparkly Pine Cones
• February 13 - Book: The Big Snow by Berta Hader / Science: Snowflakes / Art: Snowflake and Hearts Collage
• March 13 - Book: Song of the Swallows by Leo Politi / Science: Birds / Art: Bird Design
• April 10 - Book: First the Egg by Laura Vaccaro Seeger / Science: Chicks and Chickens / Art: Crayon Resist Pysanky Eggs
• May 8 - Book: Grandpa Green by Lane Smith / Science: Planting Gardens / Art: Green Design
|SPECIAL EVENTS 2019
WINE & CHOCOLATE
February 15, 2019
Stroll through a whimsically lit Conservatory, sip on wine or champagne, nibble on decadent truffles, and savory treats. Enjoy music and beautiful floral displays. Ages 21 and older only.
SPRINGTIME TEA PARTY
April 6, 2019
4-6 pm / $20; tea for two $30
Celebrate spring with a tea party! Enjoy sweet and savory morsels and a variety of botanical inspired teas while surrounded by the Conservatory's sweet smelling and colorful spring flower exhibit.
April 2-5, 2019
11 am-1:00 pm / $3 suggested donation
Bring your little sprouts to the Conservatory for some fun and educational activities around plants and gardens. Drop in anytime between 11 am-1 pm to take part in fun activities.
| MASTER GARDENER CLINICS
||Saturdays Feb. 3 through May 26, 2018
Stop by to ask a Master Gardener about your perplexing plant problems. We can assist with plant identification and also diagnoses of pests and common diseases. Please bring very detailed photos of your plant concerns.
Washington State University Extension
GARDEN SALES DISCONTINUED IN 2014
Conservatory and greenhouse staff and resources will be focusing on Metro Parks' core mission, enhanced interpretive programs and botanical displays at the Conservatory and floral displays in Point Defiance, Wapato and Titlow Parks. Specialty plants will continue to be available in the Conservatory gift shop, where members enjoy a 10% discount on every purchase.
DON'T SEE WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?