|EXPLORING YOUR NATURE IN NATURE
6 Session Series: June 14 & 28, July 12 & 26, August 9 & 30
5:30-6:30 pm / $10 suggested donation per session
This series is geared for those 60 and older.
Throughout a 6 session series, meeting the second and fourth Thursday of each month from June-August, community members will be introduced to a brief overview of mindfulness and develop an understanding of a variety of meditation techniques. Participants will also gain exposure to three basic mindfulness principles: S.T.O.P., R.A.I.N., S.N.A.C.K. as well as learn about breath awareness. Participants are encouraged to attend all six sessions to feel the full impact.
This program will be led by Adrienne Ione of Silver Linings Integrative Health.
To sign up call (253)404-3975 or email email@example.com to reserve your spot.
|SHAKESPEARE RELATED ACTIVITIES IN 2018
July 16-August 12
Explore some of the plants woven throughout Shakespeare's work in the Conservatory's bouquet of blooms pocket garden display.
Shakespeare in the Park
Friday, August 10
Pack you snacks, blankets and lawn chairs and head to Wright Park for a free outdoor production of Shakespeare's "The Merry Wives of Windsor" courtesy of Seattle Shakespeare Co.'s Wooden O Productions.
7-9 pm / FREE
| MONTHLY EVENTS
SECOND SUNDAY MUSIC 2018
1-2:30 pm / $3 suggested donation
Local musicians add harmonious ambiance to the Conservatory during this concert series. The soaring glass architecture provides resonant acoustics for instruments and vocals of all kinds. Musical performances range from classical to folk. $3 suggested donation.
• August 12 - Good Vibes Trio - Jazz
• September 9 - Clover Creek Ramblers - Bluegrass, Folk
• October 14 - The Happy Sinners - Traditional Jazz & Folksy Blues
• November 11 - Sweet Mary - Folk
• December 9 - The Loving Tunefuls - Folk, Singer/Songwriter
• January 13 - Tim Bertsch - Harpsichord, Guitarist
• February 10 - Ranger and the Re-Arrangers -Swing & Jazz Musicians
• March 10 - 10/10 Acapella
• April 14 - TBD
• May 12 - TBD
• June 9 - Stephanie Huber - Pop/Folk Musician
• July 14 - Kareem Kandi - Jazz
• August 11 - TBD
(Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in performing on a future date.)
CHILDREN'S STORY HOUR 2018
11 am-noon / $3 suggested donation
Join Bonnie Beaudoin among the beautiful flowers for monthly storytelling along with a short hands-on art and science projects.
• August 1 - Book: This is Not My Hat by Jon Klassen / Science: Underwater Plants / Art: Collage
• October 10 - Book: Anansi the Spider: A Tale from the Ashanti by Gerald McDermott / Science: Spiders / Art: Spider and Web
• November 14 - Book: Owl Moon by Jane Yolen / Science: The Moon / Art: Crayon Resist Moon Picture
• December 12 - Book: Red Sings from Treetops: A Year in Colors by Joyce Sidman / Science: The Seasons / Art: Sparkly Pine Cones
• February 13 - Book: The Big Snow by Berta Hader / Science: Snowflakes / Art: Snowflake and Hearts Collage
• March 13 - Book: Song of the Swallows by Leo Politi / Science: Birds / Art: Bird Design
• April 10 - Book: First the Egg by Laura Vaccaro Seeger / Science: Chicks and Chickens / Art: Crayon Resist Pysanky Eggs
• May 8 - Book: Grandpa Green by Lane Smith / Science: Planting Gardens / Art: Green Design
|SEASONAL EVENTS 2018
October 16-November 1, 2018
December 1, 2018
Supported by Sound Credit Union
VICTORIAN HOLIDAY FESTIVAL
December 8, 2018
Supported by Sound Credit Union
|SEASONAL EVENTS 2019
WINE & CHOCOLATE
February 15, 2019
| MASTER GARDENER CLINICS
||Saturdays Feb. 3 through May 26, 2018
Stop by to ask a Master Gardener about your perplexing plant problems. We can assist with plant identification and also diagnoses of pests and common diseases. Please bring very detailed photos of your plant concerns.
Washington State University Extension
GARDEN SALES DISCONTINUED IN 2014
Conservatory and greenhouse staff and resources will be focusing on Metro Parks' core mission, enhanced interpretive programs and botanical displays at the Conservatory and floral displays in Point Defiance, Wapato and Titlow Parks. Specialty plants will continue to be available in the Conservatory gift shop, where members enjoy a 10% discount on every purchase.
DON'T SEE WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?