|PLANTING DAYS IN MAY 2018
||Saturday & Sunday, May 12 & 13
10 am-1 pm / $3 suggested donation
An assortment of annual plants, houseplants and succulents will be for sale. Bring an empty pot or hanging basket and we'll help you plant them. Treat yourself, your mother or a loved one to the gift of Mother Nature!
| MONTHLY EVENTS
SECOND SUNDAY MUSIC 2018
1-2:30 pm / $3 suggested donation
Local musicians add harmonious ambiance to the Conservatory during this concert series. The soaring glass architecture provides resonant acoustics for instruments and vocals of all kinds. Musical performances range from classical to folk. $3 suggested donation.
• May 13 - PC&J - Pat Cole (Guitar) & Jamie Jenson (Vocalist)
• June 10 - Castletown - Irish Folk
• July 8 - Kareem Kandi Trio - Jazz
• August 12 - Good Vibes Trio - Jazz
• September 9 - Clover Creek Ramblers - Blue Grass, Folk
• October 14 - The Happy Sinners - Traditional Jazz & Folksy Blues
• November 11 - Sweet Mary - Folk
• December 9 - The Loving Tunefuls - Folk, Singer/Songwriter
(Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in performing on a future date.)
CHILDREN'S STORY HOUR 2018
11 am-noon / $3 suggested donation
Join Bonnie Beaudoin among the beautiful flowers for monthly storytelling along with a short hands-on art project.
• May 9 - Theme: Tiny Gardens / Book: Flower Garden by Eve Bunting / Art: Egg Carton Plant Starter
• June 27 - Book: Have You Seen My Duckling? by Nancy Tafuri / Science: Life in a Pond / Art: Ducks in a Pond
• July 4 - Book: Me . . . Jane by Patrick McDonnell / Science: "Roots and Shoots" youth projects of the Jane Goodall Foundation / Art: Binoculars and/or Journal
• July 11 - Book: One Fine Day by Nonny Hogrogian / Science: Foxes / Art: Hidden Fox Picture
• July 18 - Book: Frog Went a Courtin' by John Langstaff / Science: Life in a Pond / Art: Frog Puppet
• July 25 - Book: Zen Shorts by Jon J. Muth / Science: Giant Pandas / Art: Bamboo Forest Picture
• August 1 - Book: This is Not My Hat by Jon Klassen / Science: Underwater Plants / Art: Collage
• October 10 - Book: Anansi the Spider: A Tale from the Ashanti by Gerald McDermott / Science: Spiders / Art: Spider and Web
• November 14 - Book: Owl Moon by Jane Yolen / Science: The Moon / Art: Crayon Resist Moon Picture
• December 12 - Book: Red Sings from Treetops: A Year in Colors by Joyce Sidman / Science: The Seasons / Art: Sparkly Pine Cones
• February 13 - Book: The Big Snow by Berta Hader / Science: Snowflakes / Art: Snowflake and Hearts Collage
• March 13 - Book: Song of the Swallows by Leo Politi / Science: Birds / Art: Bird Design
• April 10 - Book: First the Egg by Laura Vaccaro Seeger / Science: Chicks and Chickens / Art: Crayon Resist Pysanky Eggs
• May 8 - Book: Grandpa Green by Lane Smith / Science: Planting Gardens / Art: Green Design
|ORCHID TALKS IN 2018
||Saturday, July 14
1-3 pm / $3 suggested donation
Orchids are fascinating and addictive . . . just ask a member of the Tacoma Orchid Society! Bring your orchid related questions and walk away with some great tips and tricks.
|SEASONAL EVENTS 2018
October 16-November 1, 2018
December 1, 2018
VICTORIAN HOLIDAY FESTIVAL
December 8, 2018
|SEASONAL EVENTS 2019
WINE & CHOCOLATE
February 15, 2019
| MASTER GARDENER CLINICS
||Saturdays Feb. 3 through May 26, 2018
Stop by to ask a Master Gardener about your perplexing plant problems. We can assist with plant identification and also diagnoses of pests and common diseases. Please bring very detailed photos of your plant concerns.
Washington State University Extension
GARDEN SALES DISCONTINUED IN 2014
Conservatory and greenhouse staff and resources will be focusing on Metro Parks' core mission, enhanced interpretive programs and botanical displays at the Conservatory and floral displays in Point Defiance, Wapato and Titlow Parks. Specialty plants will continue to be available in the Conservatory gift shop, where members enjoy a 10% discount on every purchase.
DON'T SEE WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?