Fitness for All Ages and Abilities
STAR Center (253) 404-3939
3873 S. 66th St.,
Tacoma, WA 98409
- Tai Chi: Develop your mind and body. This class will focus on control of movements and breathing. Build and maintain balance with soft motion. Great for meditation or part of a regular exercise routine.
- Fit For Life: Looking to tone and build muscle? This class uses weights, resistance bands, and more to increase your strength plus add a dose of cardio for an all around workout.
- S.A.I.L.: Stay Active and Independent for Life! Proven to prevent falls. Focus on strength, balance and stamina. "Increase muscle strength and range of movement, and improve activities for daily living. You’ll have a chair for seated exercises and standing support. Your instructor can modify the exercises for your fitness level."
- Foam Roll Stretch & Tone: Refresh and mobilize during this class based on myofascial release. Ease from pain and gain that range of motion your body deserves.
- Restorative Yoga: For all levels, this gentle movement class focuses on being mindful in all things. Move through seated and standing yoga poses designed to increase flexibility, balance, and range of motion. Finish with restorative breathing exercises and final relaxation to promote reduced stress and mental clarity.
- Walk n Tone: Walking is one of THE best forms of exercise and our workouts put ALL MUSCLES IN MOTION. This is not a traditional walk. Get a calorie-torching, fat-burning, muscle-toning kind of workout! Get stronger and improve your balance through exercises that strengthen the ankle, knee and hip joints, all in a fun and social setting. This class is designed specifically to help prevent falls.
- Adaptive Yoga: This form of yoga can be done in a chair, standing, or on the floor. Please bring a blanket.
To get our latest schedule, or to see upcoming classes on our calendar, visit the STAR Center group fitness website
Classes free with STAR Center membership, or $5 drop-in fee. Many insurance companies cover memberships. Inquire with your insurance company and STAR Center guest services to find out if your membership may be included.
Center at Norpoint (253) 404-3900
4818 Nassau Ave N.E.
Tacoma, WA 98422
- Senior Cycle Mon/Wed 8:15 am
This ½ hour self-paced cycling class is designed for all fitness levels to increase lung capacity, stamina, and lower body strength.
- S.A.I.L. Mon/Wed/Fri 9 am
Stay Active & Independent for Life, while exercising with this low impact, senior fitness class designed to improve strength, balance and overall health. This class gives you the option of staying seated or standing while performing the exercises.
- Senior Power Mon/Wed 7:45 am; Fri 7:30 am
A great, low-intensity workout with modified moves to great music. Enjoy the slower paced, full-range exercises for a fun, social workout.
- Gentle Yoga Flow Mon/Wed 6:30 am
Come refresh and refine your current practice or feel welcome as a beginner in this well-rounded class. Incorporating alignment, breakdown of basic poses and breath awareness, this class moves at a pace just right for you. You’re sure to become addicted!
- Senior (chair) Yoga Tue/Thur 9:15 am
This universal class is designed specifically to target balance, range of movement, muscular endurance, restorative breathing and mind-body integration improvement.
People's Community Center (253) 404-3915
Tacoma, WA 98405
- Senior Fit Looking to tone and build muscle? This class uses weights, resistance bands, and more to in-crease your strength and overall fitness.
- Sit and Be Fit Want to work out, but find standing too difficult? This class is for you. Stay seated while you bolster your health.
- S.A.I.L. Stay Active and Independent for Life! Increase strength, flexibility and balance through standing or seated exercise in this fun class. This class has been proven to prevent falls in the elderly.
- Yoga: The Yoga classes are for all levels. They focus on mindful movement, a practice which connects the body and the breath.
- Adaptive Yoga
This form of yoga can be done in a chair, standing, or on the floor.
To get our latest schedule, or to see upcoming classes on our calendar, visit the People's Center group fitness website
Classes free with People's Center membership, or $5 drop-in fee. Many insurance companies cover memberships. Inquire with your insurance company and STAR Center guest services to find out if your membership may be included.