Fort Nisqually Living History Museum Rentals
|Please call for availability (253) 404-3970 • firstname.lastname@example.org|
Great Room RentalRoom Details
- Capacity: 63 people
- 63 chairs and eight 5-foot diameter round tables
- Parking: free parking for up to 50 cars
- Decorations: masking tape only, no pins, nails, staples. (decorating time included in rental)
- Screen for slide and video projection
- Slide and DVD projection equipment ($25 AV charge)
- Outside caterers allowed
- Beer and wine allowed with permit.
- Handicapped accessible restrooms
Business Meetings (Limited daytime availability)
- $50 per hour during Fort Nisqually's regular business hours
- $100 per hour after regular Fort Nisqually business hours
- To reserve a date a one hour non-refundable deposit is required with the balance due 14 days after the initial reservation.
- $150 refundable damage deposit (this fee may waived)
Staff note: renters will be required to check in and check out with staff to review conditions before and after rental
Social Events (Weddings, Parties, Memorial Services)
- $100 per hour
- Minimum rental two hours
- To reserve a date a one hour non-refundable deposit is required with balance due 14 days after initial reservation.
- Cancellation/Changes to reservation: the one hour deposit is always non-refundable. The balance of the rental fees is refundable on the following schedule: cancellation 61 days or more before reservation date - full refund of non-deposit fees; cancellation 30-60 days before reservation date - 50% of balance; cancellation less than 30 days before reservation date - no refund.
- $75 cleaning fee
- $300 refundable damage deposit required ($500 if alcohol is served)
Staff note: all social events will have a dedicated rental monitor to assist and oversee the renters
Rental of Entire Fort Nisqually Complex
Available May - September
5 - 10pm daily
Includes the entire Fort Nisqually grounds inside the palisade (1.5 acres) and access to the Great Room, restrooms and kitchenette.
- Rental fee: $250 hour (includes two rental monitors)
- Minimum rental two hours
- Cleaning fee: $150
- Damage Deposit: $350 ($500 if alcohol is served)
- Security and Banquet permit required if alcohol is served. Please refer to Park District policy guidelines.
- Additional amenities available (minimum two hours):
- $20 per hour for each building staffed by interpreter in period clothing
- $25 per hour for demonstrations and/or activities such as:
- Period cooking demonstration
- Black powder demonstrations
- 19th century games
- Kid's Outstation activities
- Woodworking demonstrations
- Special focus programs
- Rent Fort Nisqually's Candle Lanterns to add that "period" feel at $30 for 10 lanterns w/candles
See inside Fort Nisqually by Google Maps
Fort Nisqually Meadow
The Meadow is a secluded wooded setting in the orchard area just outside of Fort Nisqually's walled perimeter.
New Ceremony Space at Metro Parks: The Meadow at Fort Nisqually
A natural, intimate, and historic rental space for your wedding, the Meadow at Fort Nisqually is Metro Parks’ newest ceremony space. For groups up to 75, the Meadow offers a secluded wooded setting in and amongst Fort Nisqually’s Orchard to create a one of a kind venue for your wedding ceremony. Add this space to your rental of the Fort Nisqually Great Room, Point Defiance Pagoda, or Fort Nisqually Picnic Shelter for a day at the park you and your guests will remember forever.
Available for Rent: June 1 through September 30, 7 days a week
- Rented in 5 Hour Blocks
Rental Fee Per Time Block:
- Damage deposit $150 ($300 if also using as reception site)
- Approximately 75 people
- Accepted up to 12 months in advance of event date
Description of services and facility:
- Parking: Complimentary parking is available at the Fort, and at the Fort Nisqually Picnic Shelter [carpooling is strongly suggested during peak summer months]
- Restrooms are available nearby
- Power access is available
- Decorations: no staples, nails or duct tape; decorating time included in rental time
- Please note that alcohol consumption is not permitted in the Meadow or picnic shelter
- Renter is responsible for picking up all trash and removing all event equipment immediately following the event
- Due to the natural venue location, the Meadow is not ADA accessible
- Use of any P/A or sound system may not interfere with Fort Nisqually activities or experience. MPT reserves the right to ask that the P/A or sound system be turned down or shut off entirely should staff make a determination that Fort Nisqually activities are being negatively impacted.
Please remember that your facility rental is for the Meadow only. The rental client and MPT cannot reserve parking spaces or restrict other people’s activities in the park nearby unless the activities are illegal.
Our parks are open for public use and your experience may include:
- Various wildlife
- Loud music or park patrons
- Dogs running off-leash and/or dogs excessively barking
- People enjoying the park in close proximity to your rental space.
Rent This Facility:
Call 253-305-1084 or email us
Overall facility appearance and condition at Metro Parks Tacoma facilities may change between venue viewing and the day of the scheduled event.