You know the dilemma: You can't get a good job without experience and you can't get experience without a good job.
You've come to the right place. Metro Parks Tacoma offers a variety of internships designed to give you meaningful, supportive, rewarding and fun work as you gain experience in the real world.
Interested in a Career in Sports? Metro Parks Coaching and Sport Management Internship provides Tacoma high school students a pathway to entry-level sport and recreation employment opportunities across Tacoma. Learn more
For current internship opportunities in Parks and Recreation and the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium visit www.metroparkstacoma.org/jobs.
For current internship opportunities at Northwest Trek Wildlife Park visit www.NWTrek.org/internships
- Internships are typically 10 - 12 week commitments made by persons interested in gaining career readiness experience as part of a course of study.
- Internships include at least one major project that the intern has a significant level of responsibility to complete in addition to daily functions.
- Interns must be connected with a four year educational organization.
- Interns must provide Metro Parks Tacoma with all the guidelines required by their educational organization in advance.
- Interns at Metro Parks Tacoma serve without compensation
Questions? Contact Human Resources at 253-305-1089.