Jane Clark Park
Features You'll Find:Hover over an icon for more details
- Baseball / Softball
BUILDINGS & PICNIC SITES
- Picnic / Drop in
Open ½ hour before sunrise
Close ½ hour after sunset
4825 N. 39th St.
Tacoma, WA 98407
The north end playfield project had its beginning nearly 20 years ago. The first financial support came from the estate of the late Benjamin L. Harvey. The field bears the name of Mr. Harvey's mother. The land at North 39th & Orchard was purchased by the park district from Pierce county at a tax sale in 1935. Some work was done at the site by WPA crews during depression days, but the present operations retrieved the 8.5 acre field from under a thicket of alders which had grown up during the war years. (from "Long-Planned North End Playfield is Growing" in the May 28, 1948 Tacoma Labor Advocate)
2014 - Removal of Jane Clark Pool
2010-2011 - Barrier free access, benches and picnic tables and new play equipment. Reforestation work completed to replace 13 declining Lombardy poplars with a healthier, sturdier species. Large rocks were installed to prevent cars from driving through the west side of the park. Work was funded by the Parks Improvement Bond Measure, approved by the citizens of Tacoma in November of 2005.