Middle school youth development program
Late Night Program
Friday nights from 8-11 pm
All 6th-8th graders are invited to join the fun on Fridays for an awesome night at People's Center. Basketball, board games, arts and crafts, swimming and more. Entry is free with a student ID. More info at (253) 591-5321
People's Center Website
Metro Parks Tacoma’s Middle-School youth development program provides opportunities for youth to:
- Engage with caring adult role models
- Participate in activities that promote
- healthy lifestyles
- learning through nature and the environment
Metro Parks staff are on site daily at the schools to both encourage and challenge your children. Each site features a variety of programs to choose from, which reflect the interests of the students in each school.
To participate in the Middle School youth development programs, youth must complete and return an application signed by a parent/caregiver (application will be posted soon).
Most clubs are offered twice weekly, such as Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday. After school, youth sign in and are given a snack and participate in a short group activity before attending the club of his/her choice. After-school clubs are designed to be drop-in, although regular attendance is encouraged (when a student leaves a club s/he must vacate the school premises).
Variety of youth development programs
- Leadership Corps– providing 7th and 8th grade graduates with leadership skills, volunteer opportunities and an introduction to employment skills. Offered for four weeks in the summer and throughout the school year.
- After school clubs – Monday-Thursday
- Dances, Late Nights and events
- Field trips on holidays or in-service days