Public Input Invited for Renaming of McKinley Playfield
November 18, 2013Metro Parks is facilitating a process to rename McKinley Playfield on Tacoma’s east side.
Those interested in providing names for consideration are encouraged to attend the November 18th Eastside Neighborhood Council meeting at 6:30 pm in the Stewart Heights Pool meeting room. 402 E. 56th St., Tacoma 98404 (View Map)
Nominations must reflect one or more of the following criteria:
- The site’s unique geography or geology.
- Historical events, persons or actions related to establishing the site.
- Influential persons who have made a substantial and lasting contribution related to the park or community.
- The site’s unique and sentimental appeal to its users.
- The site’s commonly used name based on its unique attributes
If you have questions or would like to make an absentee nomination prior to the meeting, contact Roxanne Miles, Community Engagement Manager, at (253) 305-1068 or firstname.lastname@example.org.