Parks Appreciation Day: April 27, 2019 • 9 am-12 pm
Get involved in this year's event and add your name to the growing list of those who appreciate the value parks bring to our communities.
- Large groups and organizations:
Please call (253) 202-5978 and let us know you're coming so we can plan ahead.
- Families and individuals:
No need to pre-register, just show up at a site and help out!
2019 Site Details
City of Bonney Lake
David Wells: email@example.com
- Midtown Park / 20901 SR 410 E
City of DuPont
Amy Walker: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location TBA
City of Fife
David Cantlin: email@example.com
- Brookville Gardens / 6518 Velley Ave. E
City of Fircrest
Jeff Grover: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location TBA
City of Gig Harbor
Ben Coronado: email@example.com
- Crescent Creek Park / 3303 Vernhardson St.
- Donkey Creek Park
Austin Estuary / 8714 N. Harborview Dr.
- Grandview Forest Park / 3488 Grandview St.
- Soundview Forest (new park) / 2888 Harborview Dr.
- Veterans Memorial Park / 3580 50th St. Court
- Wilkinson Farm Park / 4118 Rosedale St.
City of Lakewood
Nicolette York: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fort Steilacoom / 8714 87th Ave. SW
- Harry Todd / 8928 N Thorne Ln. SW
- Springbrook Park / 12601 Addison St. SW
City of Puyallup
Tyler Eidson: email@example.com
- Location TBA
City of University Place
Tony West: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adriana Hess Wetland Park / 2917 Morrison Rd. W
Key Pen Parks
Veronica Grandt: email@example.com
- Gateway Park / 360 Trails / 10415 State Route 302 NW
- KP Civic Center / 17010 S Vaughn Road, Vaughn
- Rocky Creek Conservation Area / SR 302 at 150th Ave. on Crews Rd.
- Volunteer Park / 5514 Key Peninsula Hwy
Kopachuck State Park
Dennis Mills: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kopachuck State Park / 10712 – 56th St. NW
Metro Parks Tacoma
Richard Madison: email@example.com
- Alderwood Park / 208 Browns Point Blvd.
- Charlotte’s Blueberry Park / 7402 East D St.
(Meet at the entrance to the park off of D Street.)
- Point Defiance Park / 5400 N Pearl St.
(Meet in the Visitors Center parking lot just across from the tennis courts.)
- Tacoma Nature Center / S 19th and Tyler St.
(Meet in the parking lot near the entrance to the Nature Center building.)
- Wapato Park / 6500 S Sheridan Ave.
- Wright Park / 501 South I St.
Pen Met Parks
Eric Guenther: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harbor Family Park / 70th Ave and 32nd St. NW
- McCormick Forest Park / 10301 Bujacich Rd NW, South. of Sehmel Dr.
- Narrows Park / 1600 Lucille Pkwy. NW
- Rotary Bark Park / 10200 Bujacich Rd. NW, South of Fire Station
- Sehmel Homestead Park / 10123 - 78th Ave. NW
Pierce County Parks
Jennifer Sergent: email@example.com
- Orangegate Park / 84th St. East at 46th Ave. East, Tacoma
- Parkland Prairie / Tule Lake Rd. South at Yakima Avenue South, Tacoma
- Spanaway Park / 14905 Bresemann Blvd. South, Spanaway
Does your employer match gifts? Click Here
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Wear warm, appropriate clothing, depending on the weather.
- Bring tools such as small hand tools, loppers, pruners, gloves, rakes, shovels, small pitch forks and even wheelbarrows (make sure and label them!).
- You are encouraged to carpool to the site you chose.
- Most of all bring your enthusiasm, smiles and be ready to burn some calories and have fun!
METRO PARKS TACOMA ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- An estimated 1,000 people volunteer
- Approximately 3,000 hours received enhancing parks yearly
- An estimated $64,860 of equivalent value received yearly
- An estimated 2,500 people volunteer throughout Pierce County
- Approximately 7,500 hours received enhancing parks
- An estimated $162,150 of equivalent value received
- Over 200 cubic yards of debris removed
- Over 150 bags of litter collected
- Over 15 yards of gravel spread
- Over 600 yards of mulch/chips spread
- Over 2,000 plants/trees/shrubs planted
It's gratifying to know you are part of a major county-wide effort with nearly 2,000 other people working in their local parks at the same time.