Parks Appreciation Day
It's gratifying to know you are part of a major county-wide effort with nearly 2,000 other people working in their local parks at the same time.
This year local agencies are celebrating on two dates:
Saturday, April 21, 2018, 9 am to Noon
Saturday, April 28, 2018, 9 am to Noon
Metro Parks Tacoma locations are celebrating on Saturday, April 21 from 9 am-12 pm
Contact for more information: Richard Madison at email@example.com
- Browns Point Playfield, 4915 La Hal Da Ln. (Meet near the curly slide and playground.)
- Charlotte's Blueberry Park, 7402 East D St. (Meet at the entrance to the park off of D Street.)
- McKinley Park, E Upper Park Dr. and McKinley Ave. (Meet at the pillars and McKinley Park sign on Upper Park Street.)
- Point Defiance Park, 5400 N. Pearl St., (Meet in the Visitors Center parking lot just across from the tennis courts.)
- STAR Center, 3873 S. 66th St. (Meet in the parking lot near the tennis courts.)
- Swan Creek Park, 44th and Roosevelt Ave. (Meet near the community garden.)
- Tacoma Nature Center, S 19th and Tyler St. (Meet in the parking lot near the entrance to the Nature Center building.)
- Titlow Park, 8201 6th Ave. (Meet in the large parking lot near the spray and playground.)
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Wear warm, appropriate clothing, depending on the weather.
- Bring tools such as small hand tools, loppers, pruners, gloves, rakes, shovels, small pitch forks and even wheelbarrows (make sure and label them!).
- You are encouraged to carpool to the site you chose.
- Most of all bring your enthusiasm, smiles and be ready to burn some calories and have fun!
METRO PARKS TACOMA ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- An estimated 1,000 people volunteer
- Approximately 3,000 hours received enhancing parks yearly
- An estimated $64,860 of equivalent value received yearly
- An estimated 2,500 people volunteer throughout Pierce County
- Approximately 7,500 hours received enhancing parks
- An estimated $162,150 of equivalent value received
- Over 200 cubic yards of debris removed
- Over 150 bags of litter collected
- Over 15 yards of gravel spread
- Over 600 yards of mulch/chips spread
- Over 2,000 plants/trees/shrubs planted