Art at People's Center
In 2016, Christopher Paul Jordan of Fab-5 led the development and implementation of a Mural Training and Community Engagement Project at People’s Community Center designed specifically to create professional development opportunities for emerging artists of color in the area. The training program culminated in a mural for the exterior of People’s Community Center, Malcolm X Center Mural, as well as indoor public art commissions.
The goals of the project were to:
- attract more artists of color
- engage multiple artists in the public art process
- train artists to work on public art projects
- increase access for artists of color and connect them with other opportunities in the city
- engage artists cross-generationally
- tell the story of People’s Community Center and Hilltop
- produce community-based artwork
The completed mural and portable artworks are part of the City of Tacoma’s Municipal Art Collection. These public art projects were managed by the City of Tacoma’s Office of Arts and Cultural Vitality, in partnership with Metro Parks Tacoma.
Between the above paragraphs and the existing webpage content (pictures and artist list), please add the following sentence and a link to the documents I’ve attached here, with more details about the mural project.
Click image to view larger