Features You'll Find:Hover over an icon for more details
BUILDINGS & PICNIC SITES
- Party Room
- Pool / Indoor
1602 MLK Jr Way
Tacoma, WA 98405
Please Note: The locker room will be closed on December 21 from 8am to noon.
To make your visit safe, fun, and enjoyable, discover some of the safety rules you need to know before jumping in.
The first recreational swim is free on the first Saturday of the month at all locations!
- Printable Pool Schedule (pdf)
- Swimming Lessons
- Water Exercise
- Lifeguard Training/Swim Team
- Lap Swim
- Recreational Swimming
- Pool Parties (pdf)
Nov. 23: Closed
Nov. 24: Pool open 12-5 pm
Dec. 18 - Jan. 1: Closed
- People's Center members: FREE
- Tot (4 & under) FREE
- Youth (5-17) $3
- Adult (18+) $4
- Water Exercise: $4
- Free swim: The first recreational swim is free on the first Saturday of the month.
Rent the pool for birthdays or group events. Party rooms are available during the pool's recreational swimming times or you can schedule a private party! To make a party reservation call (253) 591-5321. Printable Pool Party Rental Info (pdf)
The pool features stair-step access to a shallow swimming area and submerged bench, perfect for introductory swimming lessons. The entire pool is relatively shallow, making it enjoyable even for nonswimmers.
- Three-lane lap pool
- Passive swim area and bench
- A spraypad especially for toddlers
- A current channel and vortex, designed for both fun and therapy
- Floating pads for walk-on-water play
- Two poolside basketball hoops
- Two party rooms
- Two family changing areas/restrooms and one additional restroom
Children under the age of seven and those who cannot meet the height requirement must have an adult in the water within an arm's length at all times while the child is in the water.
In fall 2017, we will use the pool to help Tacoma schools launch Thrive, a program that combines fitness, education and health to improve student achievement.
This facility meets 2010 accessibility standards.
Events Happening Here: