1201 S. Puget Sound Ave.
Tacoma, WA 98405
Open 10 am – 8 pm
May 4 – May 19: Weekends
May 25 – September 2: Daily
September 7 – 29: Weekends
Spraygrounds are free, there is no admission fee
Keep it clean!
- Anyone with a communicable disease or who has been ill with vomiting or diarrhea within the last two weeks is prohibited.
- Children in diapers must wear “swim diapers” to prevent contamination.
- Diaper changes must be done in designated restroom areas.
- Food and drink are prohibited.
- A cleansing shower is required before entering the sprayground per WAC 246.260.131.
Keep it safe!
- Do not drink sprayground water
- This area is not under continuous supervision by Metro Parks Tacoma.
- Citizens using the facility do so at their own risk.
- Pets are prohibited
- Bikes, rollerblades, and skateboards are prohibited between May 1 and September 30.
- Running or participating in disorderly behavior is unsafe and prohibited.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs are prohibited.
- Patrons refusing to obey the posted rules are subject to removal from the premises.
To report any operating issues, please call (253) 305-1035.
Keeping the water clean . . .
The water at our Spraygrounds is recycled and sanitized through filtration and UV light.
At Jefferson, for example, there is a 3,000 gallon tank underground that is continuously (24/7) being circulated, filtered, and treated. The system automatically monitors and adds chlorine and CO2 as needed (as well as being manually monitored by staff several times a day during the summer).
The system is designed to turn off if chlorine levels fall below the prescribed level. Once a week the tank is totally emptied, cleaned and replenished with clean tap water. And just before the water goes out to the spray pad it passes through a Ultra Violet (UV) filter that instantaneously kills any bacteria or bugs.
With the recirc system we use about 7,000 gallons a week. If it were fresh water it would be almost a million gallons of water a week.