This park features sports fields, skateboard park, playground and a large outdoor swimming pool.
A major recreation attraction for Tacoma’s east side and south end, this park features updated playing fields, skateboard park, playground and a large outdoor swimming pool with water slide and zero-depth entry. The first parcel for this park, which is now 24.55 acres, was acquired in 1950. The original South End Pool opened in 1958.
Play Area Accessibility Details
- Parking: Yes – designated for Park & Pool
- Restroom: Yes
- Water Fountain: Yes – near restroom building
- Surface: Combination wood fiber and rubberized
- Swings: Yes – (1) high back swing (has been ordered)
- Ground Play: Primarily elevated play features; seat and saucer
- Adaptive Play: Ramped structure and one transfer system structure
- Sensory Play: Limited Manipulatives or Sensory Play, Imagination – Ship Theme
- Play Tables: None
- Shade: Limited shade, one shelter
- Accommodations: Benches and tables surround play space
- Sprayground: No – an enclosed pool is on site.