Point Defiance - Fort Nisqually Picnic Shelter
(253) 305-1090 / (253) 305-1084 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover Our Picnic Kits - Pep up your picnic with a fun-filled kit filled with sports and games.
|Location:||5400 N. Pearl St. Tacoma, 98407
Inside Point Defiance Park View Map
|Picnic Fee:||Mon-Thurs $110; Fri-Sun $135|
|Tables Available:||4 under shelter, 14 outside|
|Additional Tables available for rent:||n/a|
|BBQ's and Stoves:||4 small BBQ's|
|Electricity:||Yes - 110v outlet (2)|
|Parking:||42 parking stalls|
|Accessibility:||Click Here for Info|
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
- Your facility rental is for the shelter only. It does not include Fort Nisqually Meadow area. The rental client and MPT cannot reserve parking spaces or restrict other people’s activities in the park nearby unless the activities are illegal. Our parks are open for public use and your experience may include:
- Various forms of wildlife
- Loud music or park patrons
- Dogs running off-leash and/or dogs excessively barking
- People enjoying the park in close proximity to your rental space.
- Bounce houses and Amplified Music are not permitted at this site.
- Do not place small hibachis, table-top barbecues or any other hot items on top of picnic tables. Many of Metro Parks’ picnic tables are constructed from recycled plastic and can melt if hot items are placed on top.
- Overall facility appearance and condition at Metro Parks Tacoma facilities may change between venue viewing and the day of the scheduled event.
More than 30 days’ written notice of cancellation will receive a 100% refund; 0 to 30 days’ notice will recieve a 50% refund. Additionally, no refunds are given due to weather conditions
We strongly encourage all rental guests to carpool and allow for plenty of time to find parking in the vicinity of the Point Defiance Pagoda and Rose Garden due to traffic revisions, fencing, and construction equipment now at Point Defiance Park under Destination Point Defiance. Destination Point Defiance is a long-term comprehensive planning initiative started years ago to enhance the park’s experience and honor its character. The capital improvement bond approved by voters in 2014 is funding much of the related construction work along with grants from the state RCO program, Washington State taxpayers, donors and other sources. For more information, please visit destinationpointdefiance.org
FOR NON-EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE
- During business hours please call:
- (253) 305-1090 or (253) 305-1084
- After business hours please call:
- the Manager on Duty at (253) 305-1035