Point Defiance Park
This 760-acre park is a popular destination for more than 3.1 million people each year. Natural forest, saltwater beaches and spectacular views offer numerous possibilities for recreation, education and communing with nature.
Hours: Point Defiance Park is open daily from 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset.
Hours at attractions within the park may vary.
Explore the park
- Park Ranger Programs
- Hours & Directions
- Park Map
- Contact Us
- Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium
- Point Defiance Marina
- Fort Nisqually Living History Museum
- Visitors Center
- Off-Leash Area
- Five Mile Drive and Trails
- Owen Beach & Kayak Rentals
- The Science & Math Institute (SAMI)
- History of Point Defiance Park
- Volunteer in the Park (Friends of Point Defiance)
Rental venues within the park
- Fort Nisqually Living History Museum rentals
- Pagoda rentals
- Picnic shelter rentals
- Rose Garden rentals
- Zoo & Aquarium rentals
Destination Point Defiance is our long-term planning initiative to enhance the experience and honor the character of Point Defiance Park.
All park attractions remain open as progress continues on multiple capital projects.View construction updates
Do not feed wildlife in the park
- Wildlife can experience malnutrition, disease, and overpopulation due to human feeding.
- Wildlife often exhibit aggressive behaviors when they become conditioned to expect food from people.
- Overpopulation is a significant contributor to poor water quality and toxic algae growth, endangering public health and safety.
- Feeding is illegal and to help curb overpopulation issues, citations will be issued for violations. Citations carry fines. (TMC 8.27.130) Read More >
Events Happening Here: