Point Defiance Park
Hours: The park is open daily from 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset. Hours at attractions within the park may vary.
Explore the park
- Park Ranger Programs (Tree programs, family nature walks, etc.)
- Hours & Directions
- Park Map
- Contact Us
- Off-Leash Area
- Five Mile Drive and Trails
- Owen Beach & Kayak Rentals
- The Science & Math Institute (SAMI)
- History of Point Defiance Park
- Volunteer in the Park (Friends of Point Defiance)
Ceremony and event venues
- Fort Nisqually Living History Museum rentals
- Pagoda rentals
- Picnic shelter rentals
- Rose Garden rentals
- Zoo & Aquarium rentals
- Read (or post your own) Tree Stories on Facebook >
- Read Tree Stories on this website >
- Contest Winners >
Destination Point Defiance is our long-term planning initiative to enhance the experience and honor the character of Point Defiance Park.
All park attractions remain open as progress continues on multiple capital projects.View construction updates
Do not feed wildlife in the park
- Wildlife can experience malnutrition, disease, and overpopulation due to human feeding.
- Wildlife often exhibit aggressive behaviors when they become conditioned to expect food from people.
- Overpopulation is a significant contributor to poor water quality and toxic algae growth, endangering public health and safety.
- Feeding is illegal and to help curb overpopulation issues, citations will be issued for violations. Citations carry fines. (TMC 8.27.130) Read More >
Events Happening Here: