Parking: Parking lot – 50 stalls
Pricing: $550 per 5 hour rental
Rental Time: 5 hour blocks
Availability: June – Sept
The Meadow is a secluded wooded setting in the orchard area just outside of Fort Nisqually’s walled perimeter.
The Meadow at Fort Nisqually is a natural, intimate, and historic rental space for your wedding. For groups up to 75, the Meadow offers a secluded wooded setting in and amongst Fort Nisqually’s orchard.
Add this space to your rental of the Fort Nisqually Great Room, Point Defiance Pagoda, or Fort Nisqually Picnic Shelter for a day at the park you and your guests will remember forever.
- Cleaning fee: $150 – Non-Refundable
- Damage deposit $150 – Refundable
- $300 if also using as reception site – Refundable
- Parking: Complimentary parking is available at the Fort, and at the Fort Nisqually Picnic Shelter.
- Carpooling is strongly suggested.
- Restrooms are available nearby
- Power access is available
- Decorations: no staples, nails or duct tape; decorating time included in rental time
Please note that alcohol consumption is not permitted in the Meadow or picnic shelter.
Renter is responsible for picking up all trash and removing all event equipment immediately following the event.
Due to the natural venue location, the Meadow is not ADA accessible.
Rental may occur during regular business hours, but may not interfere with daily operations of the museum.
No amplified music or P/A may be used during regular business hours.
After business hours, the use of P/A or sound system is allowed. However, MPT reserves the right to ask that the P/A or sound system be turned down or shut off entirely should surrounding areas be negatively impacted.
Please remember that your facility rental is for the Meadow only. The rental client and Metro Parks Tacoma cannot reserve parking spaces or restrict other people’s activities in the park nearby unless the activities are illegal.
Our parks are open for public use and your experience may include:
- Various wildlife
- Loud music or park patrons
- Dogs running off-leash and/or dogs excessively barking
- People enjoying the park in close proximity to your rental space.