The shelter is located in an open, grassy area with shade trees and next to a playground, sprayground, tennis courts, basketball court, and softball field.
Franklin Park Picnic Shelter
Picnic sites are available for rent between April 1 and September 30 each year. Reservations may be made up to 365 days in advance.
- Hours: Available daily 10 am-dusk
- Tables: 4 under shelter
- Restrooms: Yes
- BBQ’s and Stoves: None
- Electricity: Yes – 110v outlet (1)
- Water: None
- Parking: 27 parking stalls, limited on-street parking
- Picnic Shelter Rental Guide
During business hours
Monday-Friday 7:30 am-5:30 pm
After business hours
Park Manager on Duty
For Emergencies call 911
Franklin Park Picnic Shelter Accessibility (rating 4)
- Parking: Accessible parking exists off the main road and a paved route exists to the shelter.
- Route: Route is paved, entry point is ramped with railing; there may be natural tread disruptions.
- Tables: Tables are ADA design; allow for maneuverability.
- Amenities: Limited amenities at shelter. Most other park amenities on route.
- Restrooms: Park restrooms provided and marked accessible; restrooms are on accessible route.
- Rating note: Scale of 1 to 5, 1-low/5-high
Picnic Shelter Rental Advisory
Please be advised, your facility rental is for the shelter only.
The rental client and Metro Parks Tacoma cannot reserve parking spaces or restrict other people’s activities in the park nearby unless the activities are illegal. Our parks are open for public use and your experience may include:
- Various forms of wildlife.
- Loud music or park patrons.
- Dogs running off-leash and/or dogs excessively barking.
- People enjoying the park in close proximity to your rental space.
Picnic Shelter Rental Terms & Cancelation Policy
- Bounce houses and Amplified Music are not permitted unless they are (1) provided by a professional bounce house/entertainment equipment company; and (2) a certificate of insurance is provided by the professional company listing Metro Parks Tacoma as additional insured.
- Do not place small hibachis, table-top barbecues or any other hot items on top of picnic tables. Many of Metro Parks’ picnic tables are constructed from recycled plastic and can melt if hot items are placed on top.
- Overall facility appearance and condition at Metro Parks Tacoma facilities may change between venue viewing and the day of the scheduled event.
More than 30 days’ written notice of cancellation will receive a 100% refund; 0 to 30 days’ notice will receive a 50% refund. Additionally, no refunds are given due to weather conditions.