Manitou Park’s shelter is located in a grassy area with plenty of shade trees, next to a playground.
Manitou Park Picnic Shelter
Picnic sites are available for rent between April 1 and September 30 each year. Reservations may be made up to 365 days in advance.
- Hours: Available daily 10 am-dusk
- Tables: 4 under shelter, 2 outside
- Restrooms: Yes
- BBQ’s and Stoves: None
- Electricity: n/a
- Water: None
- Parking: Street parking
- Picnic Shelter Rental Guide
During business hours
Monday-Friday 7:30 am-5:30 pm
After business hours
Park Manager on Duty
For Emergencies call 911
Manitou Park Picnic Shelter Accessibility (rating 4)
- Parking: Accessible parking in school lot with paved route to amenities.
- Route: Route is paved, level with minimal disruptions to the shelter; more disruptions between restroom and shelter/other amenities.
- Tables: Tables are ADA design; allow for maneuverability. Both should be under shelter.
- Amenities: Trash and Grills are approached from inside shelter; accessible height, more than 5lbs of force to adjust.
- Restrooms: Park restrooms provided; restrooms need accessibility improvements; restrooms are on accessible route.
- Rating note: Scale of 1 to 5, 1-low/5-high
Picnic Shelter Rental Advisory
Please be advised, your facility rental is for the shelter only.
The rental client and Metro Parks Tacoma cannot reserve parking spaces or restrict other people’s activities in the park nearby unless the activities are illegal. Our parks are open for public use and your experience may include:
- Various forms of wildlife.
- Loud music or park patrons.
- Dogs running off-leash and/or dogs excessively barking.
- People enjoying the park in close proximity to your rental space.
Picnic Shelter Rental Terms & Cancelation Policy
- Bounce houses and Amplified Music are not permitted unless they are (1) provided by a professional bounce house/entertainment equipment company; and (2) a certificate of insurance is provided by the professional company listing Metro Parks Tacoma as additional insured.
- Do not place small hibachis, table-top barbecues or any other hot items on top of picnic tables. Many of Metro Parks’ picnic tables are constructed from recycled plastic and can melt if hot items are placed on top.
- Overall facility appearance and condition at Metro Parks Tacoma facilities may change between venue viewing and the day of the scheduled event.
More than 30 days’ written notice of cancellation will receive a 100% refund; 0 to 30 days’ notice will receive a 50% refund. Additionally, no refunds are given due to weather conditions.