Inspired by Japanese architecture when it was built in 1914, the Pagoda is the focal point of Point Defiance Park’s Japanese Garden.
Point Defiance Pagoda
Pagoda Lawn $250 flat fee
Receive a $150 discount for choosing a preferred caterer.
The Pagoda is signature setting for your special event.
Inspired by Japanese architecture when it was built in 1914, the Pagoda and its surrounding gardens are a signature of Point Defiance Park. Serene pools, a waterfall, a picturesque footbridge, cherry trees, azaleas and rhododendrons surround the Pagoda on its perch above Puget Sound.
2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month
- The Pagoda will be staffed and open for viewing. Come visit, take a tour and have your questions answered.
- If you are unable to attend an open house please call and we are happy to schedule a private viewing for you.
There are spaces available for at the Pagoda for every group and occasion.
Rental Spaces and Amenities
- Large main hall with fireplace. Includes 2 dressing rooms and kitchen.
- Executive Conference Suite
- Multi-Purpose Room A
- Multi-Purpose Room B
- Multi-Purpose Room A & B
Main Hall Amenities
- Two dressing rooms
- 130 black, folding chairs
- Thirteen 5ft round tables
- Five 8ft long tables
- Five 6ft long tables
- Five 3ft bistro-style round tables with adjustable heights
- Complimentary Parking: two handicap spaces, approx. 72 vehicles can park on surrounding surface streets, limited overflow parking in general Point Defiance Park parking areas
- Fully ADA accessible
- Gas fireplace
- Kitchen: refrigerator, freezer, two warmers, sink, and microwave
- Alcohol allowed in designated areas (with banquet permit and licensed bartender)
- Projector and audio access (cables not included)
- Wireless access NOW AVAILABLE
- Handheld wireless microphone
- Clip on, wireless microphone
- Coffee maker with six pump pots, each brews 12 cups (must provide own filters and coffee)
- Restrooms: one available upstairs, with additional downstairs
- Heated facility
Executive Conference Suite
- Twenty-three black, folding chairs
- One 8x4ft table, six 6ft. tables
- Access to adjoining kitchen
Multipurpose Rooms A & B
- Forty-four black, folding chairs each
- Eight 5ft. tables
Extra Amenities to Rent
- 10 3ft. round white resin outdoor tables- $5 each
- 100 white, folding resin outdoor chairs- $1 each
Corporate in Nature – Unique Business Meetings!
Corporate in Nature meeting rental packages help business professionals create a harmonic blend of education, nature, and recreation through use of Metro Parks Tacoma’s premier corporate meeting venues.
Add tailored experiences to your function that leave a lasting memory such as:
- Guided Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium and fort Nisqually Living History Museum tours.
- Low-impact hikes with a naturalist.
- Water-based activities such as kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing and boating from Point Defiance Marina
No tape, staples, or pushpins on walls and floors please. Any damage done to the building is the renter’s responsibility. Candles in enclosed containers only
A rental attendant will remain onsite throughout the duration of your event.
4 hour minimum
Rent the Pagoda Lawn (for an outdoor ceremony) $250 Flat Fee
4 hour minimum
Additional required fees
- Cleaning Fee: $165
- Fully refundable damage deposit: $350
Receive a $150 discount for choosing a preferred caterer (link to preferred caterer page)
Reservations are taken up to 18 months in advance. The minimum four hour rental fee and cleaning fee is required at the time of reservation. Decorating/set-up and clean-up time included in rental time. All events are required to dismiss by midnight.
Any additional hours, a damage deposit (refundable after event, provided no damage), rental contract, banquet permit (if serving alcohol), and venue contract is required at least one month prior to the scheduled event.
If the renter initiates a cancelation in order to receive a 50% refund, the cancelation notice must be received a minimum of 151 days prior to the event. No refunds will be made with less than a 150 day notice or due to weather or seasonal conditions not initiated by Metro Parks Tacoma.
Pagoda Floor PlansMain Floor Layout Basement Layout