Wapato Park is ideal for medium to large size groups. Park amenities include a walking trail around the lake, a playground and an off-leash dog park.
Wapato Park Pavilion
Pricing: $114/hr (Mon-Thurs); $172/hr (Fri-Sun)
Rental Time: 2 hour minimum
Availability: June – Sept from 5-10 pm
Cleaning fee: $110 – Non-refundable
Picnic sites are available for rent between April 1 and September 30 each year. Reservations may be made up to 365 days in advance.
The Pavilion is available for picnics, small parties and meetings. Rental customers have use of indoor and outdoor spaces include a deck overlooking the lake. There is no kitchen but there is a sink, counter space and electricity available upstairs. There is no heat in the building.
Renters are responsible for cleaning the building after their function.
Amenities & Info
- Onsite Rental Monitor
- Chair lift available to provide 2nd floor access for guests with mobility concerns
- Additional Fees:
$350 Refundable damage deposit
$110 Cleaning Fee (non-refundable)
- Hours: Available daily 10 am-dusk
- Tables: 6 tables, 100 chairs
- Restrooms: Two private restrooms inside the rental area
- BBQ’s and Stoves: No bbq. Kitchenette available upstairs (sink, counter, electricity)
- Electricity: Yes
- Water: Sinks on upper and lower levels
- Parking: Limited parking during the summer with 86 stalls in the main lot available.
- Alcohol: Permitted
The Wapato Park Pavilion was constructed in the late 1930s by the Works Progress Administration (WPA).
In February of 2005 the building sustained significant damage in a suspected arson fire. It was rebuilt consistent with the Master Plan for Wapato Park which eliminated the original bathhouse function but restored the building for use by summertime rental groups.
After business hours
Park Manager on Duty
For Emergencies call 911
Wapato Pavilion Accessibility (rating 4)
- Parking: Accessible parking exists and provides a reasonable crushed gravel route to the shelter.
- Route: Route is crushed gravel, some sloped areas exceed 5%, and there may be natural tread disruptions.
- Tables: Tables are placed by the user to provide own seating arrangements. Transition from ground into pavillion is level.
- Amenities: Most amenities are in reach range; approach determined by room set up.
- Restrooms: Internal and external restrooms provided and marked accessible; restrooms are on accessible route.
- Rating note: Scale of 1 to 5, 1-low/5-high
Pavilion Rental Advisory
Please be advised, your facility rental is for the pavilion only.
The rental client and Metro Parks Tacoma cannot reserve parking spaces or restrict other people’s activities in the park nearby unless the activities are illegal. Our parks are open for public use and your experience may include:
- Various forms of wildlife.
- Loud music or park patrons.
- Dogs running off-leash and/or dogs excessively barking.
- People enjoying the park in close proximity to your rental space.
Rental Terms & Cancelation Policy
- Bounce houses and Amplified Music are not permitted unless they are (1) provided by a professional bounce house/entertainment equipment company; and (2) a certificate of insurance is provided by the professional company listing Metro Parks Tacoma as additional insured.
- Do not place small hibachis, table-top barbecues or any other hot items on top of picnic tables. Many of Metro Parks’ picnic tables are constructed from recycled plastic and can melt if hot items are placed on top.
- Overall facility appearance and condition at Metro Parks Tacoma facilities may change between venue viewing and the day of the scheduled event.
More than 30 days’ written notice of cancellation will receive a 100% refund; 0 to 30 days’ notice will receive a 50% refund. Additionally, no refunds are given due to weather conditions.