Play, Learn, & Grow Preschool
Play, Learn, & Grow Preschool
We envision children who can enter Kindergarten with the social, emotional, and academic skills necessary for a seamless transition. Through a high quality early childhood environment, we will prepare all Play, Learn, & Grow (PLG) children for Kindergarten by:
- Aligning our curriculum with the Washington State Early Learning and Development Guidelines.
- Assisting children in their interactions with each other and offering opportunities for cooperative learning.
- Individualizing curriculum for each child to meet them where they are
- Teaming with families to understand children through the wisdom of their first teachers—their parents.
- Integrating individualized goal setting
- Providing an environment which encourages discovery, experimentation, and the opportunity to see the results of one’s actions.
- Encouraging diverse thinking and reflection by asking open-ended questions and providing information in response to children’s ideas, insights, and concerns.
- Appreciating the individuality of children and celebrating their uniqueness.
- Download the Play, Learn, & Grow Parent Handbook
- Drop in informally to visit STAR Center and ask questions about the preschool 9:00 am-9:00 pm Monday thru Friday and 9:00 am-6:00 pm Saturday thru Sunday, or make an appointment with the Preschool Director by calling 253-404-3944. Please note that private tour times are arranged by appointment only and will be conducted through our viewing area just outside of the classroom to limit disruption and learning.
CURRENT OPENINGS FOR THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR
There are currently very limited openings in our Preschool (3-4 years old) and Pre-K (4-5 year old).
We are a nine-month program that offers part-day classes for 3 to 6 year olds. Children must be three or four by September 1 of the year they enroll and must be toilet trained. Children may be six as long as they turned six in the school year enrolled.
- Preschool 3-4 years old Tuesdays and Thursday 9:30 am-12:30 pm
- Pre-K 4-5 years old Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:30 am-12:30 pm
PLG provides children with special opportunities to learn about themselves, the world, and life. By connecting young children with healthy lifestyle choices, we hope to instill a love of health and learning that will help them foster a positive life ethic and caring attitude that will follow them throughout their lives.
What is special about PLG is that children have the opportunity to develop physically, cognitively, socially, emotionally, and creatively in the environment with academic components.
Academic-based activities happen indoors and outdoors; in whole group activities, small group activities, and individual activities; at the preschool site and on STAR Center grounds and; as planned, teacher-driven activities, child-initiated activities, and spontaneous activities.
Each class has a max of 20 children and two teachers per class.
Play Learn Grow Preschool offers many opportunities for parental involvement through volunteering and assisting in special activities.
- 9:30 am Arrival/Free Play
- 10:00 am Circle Time
- 10:15 am Worksheets
- 10:40 am Snack
- 11:00 am Recess
- 11:30 am Craft
- 11:50 am Clean-up
- 12:00 pm Cool Down
- 12:20 pm Pack-up
- 12:30 pm Pick-up
FINANCIAL AID IS AVAILABLE
- Click Here for a Financial Aid Request Form