STAR Fifty And Better (FAB)
Every Monday at STAR Center.- Enjoy a small Subway sandwich and a bowl of soup for $4.00
Bring your friends and enjoy all of the great FAB programs offered at STAR Center on Monday mornings then enjoy a healthy lunch with friends.
Monday exercise classes:
- 8:30 am: Fit for Life
- 10:30 am: S.A.I.L.
- 9:45-11 am: Games
- 1:00-3:00 pm: FAB Dances - Drop in to the Journey Hall at STAR Center every Monday for ballroom dancing to live music!
$6 per person or free for STAR Pass holders
STAR Center's FAB program includes activities at the Center and day trips to local destinations.
Fifty and Better and Limited Mobility Fitness
STAR Fitness has a wide variety of classes to choose from, each with varying levels of intensity, so you're sure to find something to fit your needs. Here are specialty classes offered FREE to STAR Center Pass Holders:
Please check with your insurance company, many of them will cover your STAR Pass fees.
Here are some of the classes geared toward active seniors.
- Fit For Life: This class uses weights, resistance bands and more to increase you strength plus we add a dose of cardio for an all around workout.
- Zumba Gold: Fun, calorie-burning, low-impact fitness dance workout set to international rhythms.
- SAIL: (Stay Active and Independent for Life) A proven fall-prevention class that works on balance, strength, cardio and stretching. For ALL abilities, chairs available throughout.
- Senior Strength and Tone: Pilates inspired with less intensity.
- Foam Roll Stretch and Tone: Increase mobility and range of motion with this myofascial release class.
- Restorative Yoga: Gain strength and inner peace with these gentle poses. Increase or decrease difficulty based on your own needs.
- Adaptive Chair Yoga: Yoga class done while seated.