Wapato Park Kiwanis Picnic Shelter
(253) 305-1022 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Picnic sites are available for rent between April 1 and September 30 each year. Reservations may be made up to 365 days in advance.
Conveniently located off of I-5 near the 72nd street exit, Wapato Park is ideal for medium to large size groups. Park amenities include a walking trail around the lake, gardens and an off-leash dog park.
|Location:||6500 S. Sheridan Ave. Tacoma, 98408
|Picnic Fee:||Mon-Thurs $110; Fri-Sun $135|
|Tables Available:||4 under shelter, 10 outside|
|Additional Tables available for rent:||n/a|
|BBQ's and Stoves:||n/a|
|Electricity:||Yes - 110v outlet|
|Water:||Yes - hosebib nearby|
|Parking:||Limited parking during the summer
with 86 stalls in the main lot available.
|Accessibility:||Click Here for Info|
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
- Your facility rental is for the shelter only. The rental client and MPT cannot reserve parking spaces or restrict other people’s activities in the park nearby unless the activities are illegal. Our parks are open for public use and your experience may include:
- Various forms of wildlife
- Loud music or park patrons
- Dogs running off-leash and/or dogs excessively barking
- People enjoying the park in close proximity to your rental space.
- Bounce houses are not permitted unless they are (1) provided by a professional bounce house/entertainment equipment company; and (2) a certificate of insurance is provided by the professional company listing Metro Parks Tacoma as additional insured.
- Do not place small hibachis, table-top barbecues or any other hot items on top of picnic tables. Many of Metro Parks’ picnic tables are constructed from recycled plastic and can melt if hot items are placed on top.
- Overall facility appearance and condition at Metro Parks Tacoma facilities may change between venue viewing and the day of the scheduled event.
- During business hours please call:
- (253) 305-1022
- After business hours please call:
- the Manager on Duty at (253) 305-1035