Wapato Park Pavilion
(253) 305-1090 / (253) 305-1084 • email@example.com
The Wapato Pavilion is available for rent between April 1 and September 30 each year. Reservations may be made up to 365 days in advance.
The Wapato Park Pavilion was constructed in the late 1930s by the Works Progress Administration (WPA). In February of 2005 the building sustained significant damage in a suspected arson fire. It was rebuilt consistent with the Master Plan for Wapato Park which eliminated the original bathhouse function but restored the building for use by summertime rental groups.
About Wapato Park:
The park is conveniently located off of I-5 near the 72nd street exit. Park amenities include a walking trail around the lake, gardens, a softball field and an off-leash dog park.
About renting the Pavilion:
The Pavilion is available for picnics, small parties and meetings. With your rental you will have use of indoor and outdoor spaces include a deck overlooking the lake. There is no kitchen but there is a sink, counter space and electricity available upstairs. There is no heat in the building.
Reserve the Pavilion - Call (253) 305-1090 or (253) 305-1084
|Rental Fee:||Mon-Thurs $110 per hour*
Fri-Sun $165 per hour*
*2 hour minimum &
$350 refundable damage deposit
$500 w/ alcohol
$165 Cleaning Fee
|Tables Available:||6 tables,
|Additional Tables available for rent:||n/a|
|BBQ's and Stoves:||No bbq, Kitchen available upstairs|
|Water:||Running water inside,
No kitchen but there is a sink, counter space
and electricity available upstairs
|Parking:||Limited parking during the summer with
86 stalls in main lot available.
|Accessibility:||Click Here for Info|
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
- Your facility rental is for the shelter only. The rental client and MPT cannot reserve parking spaces or restrict other people’s activities in the park nearby unless the activities are illegal. Our parks are open for public use and your experience may include:
- Various forms of wildlife
- Loud music or park patrons
- Dogs running off-leash and/or dogs excessively barking
- People enjoying the park in close proximity to your rental space.
- Bounce houses are not permitted unless they are (1) provided by a professional bounce house/entertainment equipment company; and (2) a certificate of insurance is provided by the professional company listing Metro Parks Tacoma as additional insured.
- Do not place small hibachis, table-top barbecues or any other hot items on top of picnic tables. Many of Metro Parks’ picnic tables are constructed from recycled plastic and can melt if hot items are placed on top.
- Overall facility appearance and condition at Metro Parks Tacoma facilities may change between venue viewing and the day of the scheduled event.
- During business hours please call:
- (253) 305-1090 or (253) 305-1084
- After business hours please call:
- the Manager on Duty at (253) 305-103